Sign in to follow this  
nemorus

Sleeping

It's time to present this already old invention to the vanilla. To make it consistent. Sleeping feature must use day & night cycle. Sleeping in shelter allows to fully rest while sleeping beneath random tree during heavy rain gives nothing but flu and pneumonia. Player can be tired to the point of losing consciousness. Boosting rested-stat needs some thinking; it mustn't be like in mods where player can just cheat it with a few soft drinks / adrenaline shots. I would make it so chems give some percentage but only to certain degree. Snoring is debatable - i would not implement it "just because" but rather rig it with player's health - especially when one has problems with lungs.

Sleeping allows for more tactical approach and slows gameplay down. Its also perfect for any roleplay. PVP heroes will hate it - which is even better.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

One hundred percent with you on this.
Putting all those piew-piew fast-paced kids to sit-down and sleep for a little bit can only come with and for the greater good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm all for this idea. The gameplay needs to be slowed down - dangerous zombies, dangerous diseases, reasonable stamina usage. Some people constantly run around like crazy, not afraid of stamina usage. Sleep is just the necessary respite. And it's not necessary to make a realistic system in which you need to sleep 8 hours for everything to be fine. You can make a simple system - a person carries a lot of equipment, or constantly runs around like crazy, his maximum stamina reserve begins to gradually decrease. Over time, when stamina reaches 75% or 50% of the maximum, his stamina regeneration rate begins to decrease. Do you want to get your stamina back to maximum? Sleep is your solution.