praisejollycoop

Create awareness and protect player privacy from content creators

Day-Z is popular with streamers, and a large part of their content involves teaming up with other players. The majority I've seen do not disclose that they are streaming.

Today, I heard one of Day-Z's biggest streamers intentionally do this while his unaware (debatable, but irrelevant) teammate spoke about streamers he likes as well as his own workplace.

Streamers are great for this game and they were what first attracted me to it. However, I feel that privacy is being overlooked, and some players are being exploited.

I imagine there are TOS on streaming sites to protect players, but if they exist, I can't find them and I haven't seen them enforced.

I'd like to see something in-game to raise awareness. I'm not really sure what the best approach is, but here are some suggestions:

• A loading screen warning: Something direct that states fellow players may be streaming to large audiences.
  • A clothing item in a unique slot, like an armband, that indicates consent to being used for content: This creates awareness and allows all parties to go about their game without breaking immersion. Rule-breaking would need to be addressed by server owners or the streaming platform.
  • A setting that lets players identify themselves as players/streamers, and a server setting that can restrict them from joining.

I realize that the solution would need to be practical. I recently heard players calling out racist slurs so that a streamer would break Twitch TOS. There has to be a better way, and I think Bohemia should play a part in the solution.

• Beans 1

Streamers are PARASITES !

They use other unaware players to earn money. This should NOT be allowed !

And I am very surprised that almost no one complains...

Live and let others live and if they're bringing harm to you or your family then end them, if you can. This is a public, survival game, so the only judge is you and yourself. Its way worse IRL where some people garner attention by hook and by crook and use their lens as justification for everything they do.

On 8/6/2024 at 5:48 PM, Riddick_2K said:

Streamers are PARASITES !

They use other unaware players to earn money. This should NOT be allowed !

And I am very surprised that almost no one complains...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for saying so. I'd love to hear what prominent community members think and hear their reasoning. I think most wouldn't touch the subject with a 10' pole. 

23 hours ago, nemorus said:

Live and let others live and if they're bringing harm to you or your family then end them, if you can. This is a public, survival game, so the only judge is you and yourself. Its way worse IRL where some people garner attention by hook and by crook and use their lens as justification for everything they do.

I'm not sure I totally understand your message. It sounds like you acknowledge it is wrong, but it's okay because it happens less in Dayz than it does in real life? 

• Like 1

I'm saying that aggressive streaming, the one that gets too far can be cut down in a game immediately. But these are rare happenings - most cases are quite invisible for other people. Its not a problem at all. I'd say that stream sniping is more dangerous because its easy to get caught in a crossfire; i've personally seen multiple cases where streamers were hunted down by stream snipers and cheaters. I've talked with people who were doing that and must say that in most cases they were crazy - literally nuts.

This is all plankton - different organisms drifting together. Its better to accept that diversity in-game and survive that as well.

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, nemorus said:

I'm saying that aggressive streaming, the one that gets too far can be cut down in a game immediately. But these are rare happenings - most cases are quite invisible for other people. Its not a problem at all. I'd say that stream sniping is more dangerous because its easy to get caught in a crossfire; i've personally seen multiple cases where streamers were hunted down by stream snipers and cheaters. I've talked with people who were doing that and must say that in most cases they were crazy - literally nuts.

This is all plankton - different organisms drifting together. Its better to accept that diversity in-game and survive that as well.

To be honest, I don't think we're talking about the same thing. 

That's why i didn't react to the opening post. I don't care about that. Calling people "parasites" tipped the scale though for that was too generic. For me this is a game, public place where different interactions can happen. If one needs privacy then its better to stay away from other people i'd say.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nemorus said:

That's why i didn't react to the opening post. I don't care about that. Calling people "parasites" tipped the scale though for that was too generic. For me this is a game, public place where different interactions can happen. If one needs privacy then its better to stay away from other people i'd say.

It is not public like a city street can be.

And even on a city street, if someone wants to film a commercial, he asks for permits, blocks the street and films with ONLY paid actors. When they make videos that involve interaction with the public, in order to broadcast them, they MUST ask permission from those directly involved... This is required by law where I live, and... I believe... also in most "civilized" countries. It is called "Image Rights" and is protected by privacy laws.
Only if you are a public figure (minister, actor, singer), by the nature of your profession it is assumed that your public appearances are also "intrinsically in the public domain", but NOT in your private and NOT for everyone!
I don't know which country you live in.
DayZ players are NOT "public figures" and in any case those who stream (I'm NOT talking about private recordings: always legal!) do it to earn money... and they always do it WITHOUT asking anyone's permission.
This is "PARASITISM"!
Unfortunately still NOT regulated by law, given that the "internet" always lives in a "bubble of ignorance and indifference" like few other environments, also because legislators are fundamentally ignorant and only interested in the great Lobbies of Power... and they are only interested in those the protection of their music and films. Nobody cares about "ordinary private individuals".
And it particularly annoys me... they should go to work like all "normal" people... or they pay "Image Rights"!
And if this doesn't happen, I will do everything I can (as any player) to put a spanner in the works of that infamous race of PARASITES!
I wonder why most people don't bat an eye at the fact that they are used... in spite of themselves... to generate profit for someone else who doesn't care in the slightest about the rights of others in order to earn money.

😡

24 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

It is not public like a city street can be.

And even on a city street, if someone wants to film a commercial, he asks for permits, blocks the street and films with ONLY paid actors. When they make videos that involve interaction with the public, in order to broadcast them, they MUST ask permission from those directly involved... This is required by law where I live, and... I believe... also in most "civilized" countries. It is called "Image Rights" and is protected by privacy laws.
Only if you are a public figure (minister, actor, singer), by the nature of your profession it is assumed that your public appearances are also "intrinsically in the public domain", but NOT in your private and NOT for everyone!
I don't know which country you live in.
DayZ players are NOT "public figures" and in any case those who stream (I'm NOT talking about private recordings: always legal!) do it to earn money... and they always do it WITHOUT asking anyone's permission.
This is "PARASITISM"!
Unfortunately still NOT regulated by law, given that the "internet" always lives in a "bubble of ignorance and indifference" like few other environments, also because legislators are fundamentally ignorant and only interested in the great Lobbies of Power... and they are only interested in those the protection of their music and films. Nobody cares about "ordinary private individuals".
And it particularly annoys me... they should go to work like all "normal" people... or they pay "Image Rights"!
And if this doesn't happen, I will do everything I can (as any player) to put a spanner in the works of that infamous race of PARASITES!
I wonder why most people don't bat an eye at the fact that they are used... in spite of themselves... to generate profit for someone else who doesn't care in the slightest about the rights of others in order to earn money.

😡

Bruh,streamers did this for more than a decade and now you all think its wrong? If its wrong for dayz,its wrong for all games then,because if It Is an only rule for dayz It would have no sense,literally there are streamers on other games that do the same thing and worse and you think now "oH pLaYer PrivaCy iS iMpoRtanT,StReAmers Are PaRassITes" do you know at least what the hell are you saying? If someone wants privacy,they dont talk or dont interact,we all know that we never have to share personal information in games,never ever,and if someone does that,he Is Just stupid or he started using social media and videogames Yesterday.

-

This suggestion Is useless,you want dayz to create a law or rule?! Its the most no sense thing ive ever Heard and onestly what the hell dayz can do about it if people brag about their personal information online? Because if someone streams me,i really dont care because i Will not Say anything important about my self,and you know why? Because no One needs to tell everything to everyone online! If you want to share something without sharing It to hundreds of people,Just ask their Number or theire discord,and then,if they record the messages, thats Is privacy violating then,but if you shared things on dayz,your Just a moron.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Salvatore Spampinato said:

Just a moron.

Reread what I wrote better and insulting is not a "civilized" way to plead your opinion... if you actually have a "rational" one. 🤨

Edited by Riddick_2K

Image rights? Based on what? Players can choose their avatar before spawning - there are only few for each gender available. It's a pre-defined data that people borrow for themselves. A world filled with clones really. Then maybe voice? Well! A lot of people don't use mics at all - especially on pvp servers. Then you have microphone users but how many of them can tell with certainty that devices and programs they're using are not modifying their original voices in the slightest? We can go deeper and talk about personalities, souls. Good luck with that. Its a journey where different courts will tell you different things and that may lead to something more, law maybe. And of course respected only locally.

My opinion is this: game gives us freedom that we cannot have in real world because other people can get hurt - especially their egos. It's a game. A game to play. Lets not take it too far. People control their interactions. They can do a lot more to defend themselves in-game. That would be it.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Salvatore Spampinato said:

Bruh,streamers did this for more than a decade and now you all think its wrong? If its wrong for dayz,its wrong for all games then,because if It Is an only rule for dayz It would have no sense,literally there are streamers on other games that do the same thing and worse and you think now "oH pLaYer PrivaCy iS iMpoRtanT,StReAmers Are PaRassITes" do you know at least what the hell are you saying? If someone wants privacy,they dont talk or dont interact,we all know that we never have to share personal information in games,never ever,and if someone does that,he Is Just stupid or he started using social media and videogames Yesterday.

-

This suggestion Is useless,you want dayz to create a law or rule?! Its the most no sense thing ive ever Heard and onestly what the hell dayz can do about it if people brag about their personal information online? Because if someone streams me,i really dont care because i Will not Say anything important about my self,and you know why? Because no One needs to tell everything to everyone online! If you want to share something without sharing It to hundreds of people,Just ask their Number or theire discord,and then,if they record the messages, thats Is privacy violating then,but if you shared things on dayz,your Just a moron.

Not all players are as aware of their exposure as you are. 

I think that the way DayZ keeps players anonymous is quite uncommon among online games; we don't even get to see each other's usernames. In my opinion, it's a great feature of the game because you can start each life with a clean slate. However, the flip side is that it lures players into a false sense of anonymity.

I think that DayZ should at least remind players that despite their perceived anonymity, their gameplay and voice may be broadcast - without any warning.

The fact that streaners withold the fact they are streaming, and even lie about it, leaves a bad taste in my mouth, it has put me off the biggest and best DayZ content creators and is clearly condoned by Bohemia. That said, this issue is probably beyond the game itself and something streaming services should address.

• Beans 1

15 hours ago, praisejollycoop said:

Not all players are as aware of their exposure as you are. 

I think that the way DayZ keeps players anonymous is quite uncommon among online games; we don't even get to see each other's usernames. In my opinion, it's a great feature of the game because you can start each life with a clean slate. However, the flip side is that it lures players into a false sense of anonymity.

I think that DayZ should at least remind players that despite their perceived anonymity, their gameplay and voice may be broadcast - without any warning.

The fact that streaners withold the fact they are streaming, and even lie about it, leaves a bad taste in my mouth, it has put me off the biggest and best DayZ content creators and is clearly condoned by Bohemia. That said, this issue is probably beyond the game itself and something streaming services should address.

Yeah,probably a warning at the start of the game Is enough to make people aware

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, nemorus said:

Image rights? Based on what? Players can choose their avatar before spawning - there are only few for each gender available. It's a pre-defined data that people borrow for themselves. A world filled with clones really. Then maybe voice? Well! A lot of people don't use mics at all - especially on pvp servers. Then you have microphone users but how many of them can tell with certainty that devices and programs they're using are not modifying their original voices in the slightest? We can go deeper and talk about personalities, souls. Good luck with that. Its a journey where different courts will tell you different things and that may lead to something more, law maybe. And of course respected only locally.

My opinion is this: game gives us freedom that we cannot have in real world because other people can get hurt - especially their egos. It's a game. A game to play. Lets not take it too far. People control their interactions. They can do a lot more to defend themselves in-game. That would be it.

You don't understand or "don't WANT to understand"...
It's NOT just about "anonymity", at least as far as I'm concerned it's NOT a question of "anonymity", on the contrary: I WOULD ALWAYS like to know all the names of the players present in the server BEFORE entering, like ALL other games (this is also terribly annoying and should be required by law! ).
As for the "streamers" it's the fact that they earn money from other people's games!!!
Can you understand this?!?
They MAKE MONEY BY EXPLOITING OTHER PEOPLE'S GAMES!
This is INFAMOUS !
And this should be banned!
For ALL games!!!!
Whether they go to work on construction sites or in crops, there is such a need for manpower.
(This last one is a bit of a "sour" joke, but with your stupid objections you got it out of me).
The concept is clear now: I DO NOT want ANYONE to be able to make money using me and my game!!!!!

P.S.
And as for knowing the players before entering a server, it is mainly (but not only) a question of cheaters. In other video games, after a while (and sometimes even immediately) you know the names of those who use cheats (or other...) and when I see them in the server I don't even enter and look for another.
I know that DayZ is a "special" game, but all this "code of silence" (because it is essentially a form of "code of silence" to hide the names of the players in a public server, as if they were "mafiosi" or secret government agents...) in DayZ (as well as in any other video game, in case it was) is terribly annoying and "harmful", as I see it.

1 minute ago, Riddick_2K said:

You don't understand or "don't WANT to understand"...
It's NOT just about "anonymity", at least as far as I'm concerned it's NOT a question of "anonymity", on the contrary: I WOULD ALWAYS like to know all the names of the players present in the server BEFORE entering, like ALL other games (this is also terribly annoying and should be required by law! ).
As for the "streamers" it's the fact that they earn money from other people's games!!!
Can you understand this?!?
They MAKE MONEY BY EXPLOITING OTHER PEOPLE'S GAMES!
This is INFAMOUS !
And this should be banned!
For ALL games!!!!
Whether they go to work on construction sites or in crops, there is such a need for manpower.
(This last one is a bit of a "sour" joke, but with your stupid objections you got it out of me).
The concept is clear now: I DO NOT want ANYONE to be able to make money using me and my game!!!!!

P.S.
And as for knowing the players before entering a server, it is mainly (but not only) a question of cheaters. In other video games, after a while (and sometimes even immediately) you know the names of those who use cheats (or other...) and when I see them in the server I don't even enter and look for another.
I know that DayZ is a "special" game, but all this "code of silence" (because it is essentially a form of "code of silence" to hide the names of the players in a public server, as if they were "mafiosi" or secret government agents...) in DayZ (as well as in any other video game, in case it was) is terribly annoying and "harmful", as I see it.

Oh ok,then the whole dayz YouTube and multiplayer game community Will fall,because they cant record people without their knowing,your idea its just like more out of place than the holding chickens suggestion💀

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Salvatore Spampinato said:

Oh ok,then the whole dayz YouTube and multiplayer game community Will fall,because they cant record people without their knowing,your idea its just like more out of place than the holding chickens suggestion💀

Who cares about the YT community and video games, everyone should go at really work!
Video games and players are NOT at their service!!!
But how the fuck do you think?!?

You're one of them, right?!? 🤔
Va a lavurà, barbun ! 🤨

• Confused 1

Just now, Riddick_2K said:

Who cares about the YT community and video games, everyone should go at really work!
Video games and players are NOT at their service!!!
But how the fuck do you think?!?

You're one of them, right?!? 🤔
Va a lavurà, barbun ! 🤨

Ok ok,i let you win Lil guy,you dont even believe in what you Say💀 Bro thinks that deleting the whole game community Is a good idea💀

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Salvatore Spampinato said:

Ok ok,i let you win Lil guy,you dont even believe in what you Say💀 Bro thinks that deleting the whole game community Is a good idea💀

What is it?

The "law of the strongest"?!?

There are many of them and so they are right.. or do we let them continue?

Nice mentality of.... 🚾

I won't write to you what I really think of what you wrote because I don't want to risk a ban, but it is precisely this type of mentality that makes society "shit" like the one around us... and I know what I'm talking about, I'm Italian too!!!

🤢

• Sad 1

"(...)The concept is clear now: I DO NOT want ANYONE to be able to make money using me and my game!!!!!"

- one day you'll say something similar about your government and start a revolution.

9h8Kiqg.png

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, nemorus said:

"(...)The concept is clear now: I DO NOT want ANYONE to be able to make money using me and my game!!!!!"

- one day you'll say something similar about your government and start a revolution.

9h8Kiqg.png

But are you serious or joking? ?
Taxes, if that's what you meant (and I don't know what else it could be) are another matter: it's the "fair" amount that every civilized person must pay to be able to benefit from public services.
But where do you live? In the jungle alone?!? 😮

On 8/8/2024 at 5:09 PM, Riddick_2K said:

What is it?

The "law of the strongest"?!?

There are many of them and so they are right.. or do we let them continue?

Nice mentality of.... 🚾

I won't write to you what I really think of what you wrote because I don't want to risk a ban, but it is precisely this type of mentality that makes society "shit" like the one around us... and I know what I'm talking about, I'm Italian too!!!

🤢

Nah Bro this Is pure yapping of yours,ya cant even write something without insulting me💀 i mean,i did some indirect insults but calling me a "shit" head and that my mentality makes this "shit" society its onestly too much,at this point,you only digged your grave by saying these goofy ahh insults,your past suggestions were way Better💀

• Sad 1

calling me a "shit" head

First, this you made this up, and anyone can realize it by rereading what I wrote.

And what is this?

at this point,you only digged your grave

A threat?

Is this your way of arguing? 🙄
Well... This shows that, basically, I was right...

🤨

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 7:02 AM, praisejollycoop said:

However, I feel that privacy is being overlooked, and some players are being exploited.

If you want your privacy, you don't share it on the internet... games included.

On 7/18/2024 at 7:02 AM, praisejollycoop said:

A loading screen warning: Something direct that states fellow players may be streaming to large audiences. 

I would be fine with that but I don't agree with the rest.

Edited by DefectiveWater

8 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

First, this you made this up, and anyone can realize it by rereading what I wrote.

And what is this?

A threat?

Is this your way of arguing? 🙄
Well... This shows that, basically, I was right...

🤨

A threat?💀 Bro your way of thinking its so skibidi toilet ahhh

• Sad 1