Kaizen (DayZ)

Difference between SD and Non-SD bullets...

Just curious... in real life is there actually a difference between a m9 silenced bullet vs a m9 non silenced... cause it has got me pretty confused

How can i not use m9 mags for my SDm9.

The bullets used for the silenced weapons are Low Velocity rounds, if you were to use anything else you'd end up destroying your silencer and weapon.

And your weapon wouldn't be very silent anymore.

You can shoot normal ammo through a silenced gun 99% of the time IRL.

Some specific guns are made for use with subsonic ammo through a fixed silencer and will malfunction without it.

Silenced guns (M4A1 SD, M9 SD, MP5SD) can only use the SD variant of their ammunition. SD rounds also have less of a "crack" when they pass the target (supersonic rounds can be heard whizzing past your head more easily, even if you don't hear the shot itself).

Normal guns can use SD rounds normally.

Silenced guns (M4A1 SD' date=' M9 SD, MP5SD) can only use the SD variant of their ammunition. SD rounds also have less of a "crack" when they pass the target (supersonic rounds can be heard whizzing past your head more easily, even if you don't hear the shot itself).

Normal guns can use SD rounds normally.

[/quote']

TL;DR answer at end.

Incorrect from start to end, why is it that people abysmally fail when they start talking about suppressors? (No personal insult to you Thorgold). The easy answer is you watch too much movies and play games like call of duty.

Most suppressors can handle supersonic rounds passing through them provided you watch the temperature and are indeed designed to be used as such when making suppressors for a weapon that uses solely supersonic rounds.

A lot of times when suppressors are used, they are used with regular ammunition as the point of a suppressor is usually NOT I REPEAT NOT to make you silent but invisible and to transform the sound into a form not quickly recognizable nor easily localized just by listening to it.

Most weapons firing supersonic rounds will fail to cycle properly with subvelocity rounds meaning you have to cycle the charging handle by hand each shot!

TL;DR : Weapons with high velocity rounds can only use regular ammo normally, suppressed weapons can generally use both.