Sign in to follow this  
savini

Revenge of the Survivor - Video

Backstory: After being killed at the airfield, Braden and I head to Elektro to gear up. We run into a couple other guys and start heading towards the Northern factory and firestation.

Suddenly I get shot and go down, quickly followed by the other two. Braden manages to survive and hides out. By the time I make it back to my corpse, a couple more bodies were added to the pile. Then Braden gets shot.

I found a CZ and decide to take revenge for the deaths of my comrades. After thirty minutes of flanking I'm in position to put a hurtin' on our enemies.

The following is what happened afterward:

I posted on your Youtube video... My nights look nothing like this, they're absolutely black. No moonlight whatsoever, no shadow variance... it's just all black.

Great video by the way.

For a moment I thought it was going to be DayZ Eye of the Tiger remix. I was disappointed. Also, you were playing on easymode (letting you get that shot through the grass), which was also also disappointing. Though I admire your determination of revenge. Gameplay was goood but some of the music was out of place, though in comparison to a lot of videos you did really well. Wish I could find bandits as retarded as those guys, sitting in the station like that with their heads sticking through the windows.

I posted on your Youtube video... My nights look nothing like this' date=' they're absolutely black. No moonlight whatsoever, no shadow variance... it's just all black.

Great video by the way.

[/quote']

Try playing around with HDR settings.

Yeh, I turn up my gamma otherwise it's pitch black for me. I bring the brightness up a bit in editing also.

Ah, if you watch in 1080p the shot through the grass makes more sense. I could see his upper torso when the grass swayed. Also the music was a reference to how the zeds sound like the predator a bit now, and the other was a homage to dawn of the dead.

I agree though, I should have cut music a bit better.

Also, the "easy mode" is server side =/. Thanks for the comments/watching though!

The name Braden sounds familiar. Were you guys the group we caught up at the military camp in Stary Sobor last night?

If you aren't, nice revenge video haha. Those bandits were horrible! :P

Loved the vid, and the little melody that triggered when they first ran past the window. Great stuff. I'm on your Airfield Adventure IV now while I wait for ARMAIICO to load. Let me know if you're ever willing to play, I'm new to DayZ, but not gaming!

I laughed when I saw this was us! (We had just started DayZ the day before). We were killed by so many survivors (not yet bandits) so we weren't trusting anymore. We would say "friendly?". They would say yes and shoot us. So we started to trust nobody. Bad Night and new to the game. Since then we haven't killed many players w/o mercy. We try to help other survivors. Best method so far? Get them on voice chat = trust.

Here's my youtube comment:

"Funny thing was it was pitch black for me.I guess you have your gamma jacked up? Ran out of Makarov mag's on the roof in that last firefight. So I threw a flare before I died. Back Story: Tenryu got killed by 4 survivors in 10 mins so he got fed up and become a bandit for the night. Also, survivors were shooting at me before I even met up with my buddy and took on some fire @firehouse. (We don't normally shoot survivors) Myself and CrewZ were just hanging out. Anyways, well played."

lol, that's awesome. It was a good time.

I hope cranking up the gamma gets fixed. It defeats the fun of night time when other players can see and shoot you so easily.

How can people seriously like this?

You can spot their names through aiming at them?!

How is that fun, how is that even fair?!?? Seriously, explain!

How can you like to be known who you are from already 200 meters away! I bet you can be spotted even further away!

What is wrong with the regular difficulty servers?!?

Atleast disable this stupid ass name showing like that. Ive seen videos how people are seen trough buildings with the names popping infront of the crosshair.

This is absolutely unfair!!

I know this problem, that was the reason why ich changed the server ^^.