SpeechMan

Mechanic to lessen PKing

For me, PKers are a big problem in this game. Now, I'm not talking to you who have spent hours in the ATC tower with your sniper rifle, I like you. And I'm not talking about you four who spend your time riding around in your vehicle looking for players to kill, I like you too. All of you put some effort into it, that's why in my head you are called bandits and I have some respect towards you.

What I dislike, is pure PKers. People who just gun you down for the possibility of you having some worthwhile loot in your coyote pack. People who play on pure kill-on-sight basis just because it's easier to play that way. Problem is that too often PKing is too easy, just few shots and that's it.

Sorry for digressing, but I though it necessary for you to put down that flamethrower and just listen to what I say.

Now here's the actual suggestion, I like to call it "Death Scream!".

Whenever a player is shot dead he/she screams, loudly. That scream would attract zombies from a relatively large area. It would even be possible that it would spawns new zombies (0-5, depending on the area), that would immedialy run to the fresh corpse.

The point here is that it would give players another thing to consider before gunning down a survivor to get his loot. Currently all you have to worry about is taking the shot and then dealing with the possible few zombies that are attracted to your gunshots. But with the "Death Scream!", you would also have to think about being able to deal with the zombies that hear the scream before you could grab your loot.

Another important point is also that the scream only comes when the player is shot dead, that is when your murder/bandit kill count goes up, meaning that the good old shoot the legs off a survivor being chased by zombies would still work.

I know it's a bit forced mechanic, but it also isn't completely artificial and IMO while it would make the game somewhat less realistic, it would also bring a lot more gameplay value.

I agree, this "stupid" part of PvP must be dealt with. I even post my own suggestion that was pretty much like yours, and get only trolls posting "gtfo noob dont cry". They didn't realise what's going on on RU servers, as example.

I like it alot , I hope they put it in the game !

But still doesn't solve me campin in hills of elektro and waiting for the new guys to come in ...

I don't think that would help. not the bandits that kill you to get your gear are the problem, but those who kill you just for the sake of killing. They have no interest in your gear or a fair fight (shooting unarmed people) and consequently your mechanic wouldn't stop them. Instead killing groups of survivors would be more easy, since you only have to shoot one guy of a group and the zombies will do the rest.

I was typing something, but, in the end, this game is now broken. PKers won't stop. Ever.

You have two choises:

Become one of them or stop play this game.

People who play on pure kill-on-sight basis just because it's easier to play that way.

I should play the game the harder way exactly...... why again ? Maybe should I just break my bones and crawl all the time to make the game harder ?

PK is allowed? Yes. Why would I NOT PK ?

meh

Dude, the name for people killing you for your stuff is bandit. You can't punish bandits. And all the scream would do is delay them. They can just wait for them to clear off. More than 80% of the danger in this game is from other people. If you make PKing impossible, all of a sudden its just people racing from location to location trying to find all the really good stuff. There is no avoiding rushing into a military camp-everyone will just run in if they know they can't be shot. PvP is a major element in this game, and if you limit it or remove it, you make the game a zombie sandbox, and that gets stale really fast.

I would actually like a death scream. Not just from PvP, but from environmental factors. Break a leg? You have a chance to scream real loud and alert other players. In my own playstyle, hearing screams of other players will enable me to better avoid hostilities (other players) entirely, and allow Bandits to play as they like too.

"Was that someone getting shot? Did he get eaten by zombies? Or did he break his leg and is he crawling around? Should I go investigate? Should I avoid it as another player could still be there?" etc, etc.

+1 to the idea, so long as it's loud enough to be heard from a decent distance.

Dude' date=' the name for people killing you for your stuff is bandit. You can't punish bandits. And all the scream would do is delay them. They can just wait for them to clear off. More than 80% of the danger in this game is from other people. If you make PKing impossible, all of a sudden its just people racing from location to location trying to find all the really good stuff. There is no avoiding rushing into a military camp-everyone will just run in if they know they can't be shot. PvP is a major element in this game, and if you limit it or remove it, you make the game a zombie sandbox, and that gets stale really fast.

[/quote']

But that's exactly the point of my suggestion, not to actually limit or remove PKing, but rather adding another aspect to it (I think I made a mistake with the title). It would be up to you if you wait for the zombies to clear off or shoot them.

Think about this scenario. You snipe someone and zombies rush to the body. While you wait for the zombies to clear off, some other player who heard the scream would come around, see the body and take up position waiting for you to come loot the body.

Here's another: You are raiding a store when another player enters. You can shoot him, but that would mean that you would also have to deal with the zombies that come rushing to the body. Or you could just talk to him and possibly loot the store together.

One thing I'd like to add: If you shoot a player in the head (and it kills them), no noise should be made. If you get shot, you're going to yell out, but if you don't even feel the bullet that kills you, well...

yeah just like in real life when you shoot someone in the head, killing them instantly, and they scream in agony

I also think there should be a scream hotkey. That way a player could scream to attract help if they are being chased by zombies or as a threat for someone to back off. "Come any closer, and I'll scream. Then we both go down."

I have the best idea ever: Inform people that there is actually a deathmatch mode for Arma? Whoa! No way!! But that won't happen. Because people like crushing peoples dreams like foil wrappers. So there should be some detrimental effects to a person after massive ammounts of murdering; permanent shakes from insanity. Or how about this, if a person murders more than 5 people, it's a "serial killer". They need to kill people constantly otherwise their characters mentality breaks down, blurred vision, audible mumbling, etc. That would be cool.

Or you should be able to tell murderers with a physical appearance (Not a return to the bandit skin, although that skin was sick), like bloodstains.

I killed a female player today, she screamed and zombies began eating her. Maybe something on this basis is already implemented?