rgrayhek

Better User Interface

Im a long time Arma player and having a better User Interface would go a long way any plans? Is it possible adding this to the 1.61 patch?

Im a long time Arma player and having a better User Interface would go a long way any plans? Is it possible adding this to the 1.61 patch?

Not a criticism, but do you have any examples or screenshots you could share? The controls - or lack thereof - that we presently use seem to be confusing to me at the best of times.

TKJ

Your asking me for screenshots currently in Arma 2 like Ui for internet browser and in game menu? The only reason i ask was many others have mention about the UI. But i can post a picture if this is what your looking for. Im only suggesting in the realms of something more appealing to the eye.

Your asking me for screenshots currently in Arma 2 like Ui for internet browser and in game menu? The only reason i ask was many others have mention about the UI. But i can post a picture if this is what your looking for. Im only suggesting in the realms of something more appealing to the eye.

I was under the impression that Arma may have a different UI configuration available, and maybe you had something that you wanted to see changed. I'm sorry if I misunderstood.

TKJ

No problem as something more modern looking more of a 3d user interface perhaps.

Not a criticism' date=' but do you have any examples or screenshots you could share? The controls - or lack thereof - that we presently use seem to be confusing to me at the best of times.

[/quote']

I had to comment here - There's nothing wrong with criticism. I really hope this place doesnt become a community afraid to criticise anything.

As for the idea, the interface could use some revamping - mostly in the inventory. But i would say for technical reasons rather than for looks. The inventory threads detail most of it.

The action menu is pretty functional and i wouldnt suggest the devs spend time on it when they could be adding features to the mod itself. One thing i've always thought sucked was the "hotspot" for performing actions on things in the world is really tricky to get at properly sometimes. Hitting G is usually a better option, you can see everything on the ground around you that way.

I had to comment here - There's nothing wrong with criticism. I really hope this place doesn't become a community afraid to criticise anything.

That is the worst post I have ever read.

;)

Seriously though, you're right. I guess I'm getting gun-shy in my old age, what with everybody jumping on the "holy crap, you're so wrong" bandwagon.

TKJ

being able to openly critique things without people getting all precious about it is possibly the most important thing ever for a community about a game-in-development or any kind of idea-throwing arena.

It's important to remember we're talking about the idea, not the brain from which it originated. Everyone's capable of logical errors, that's why these kinds of threads are open to the public to revise and challenge them. An idea unchallenged never has a chance to prove its own strength.