The Poacher

Riding a bike with a broken leg

Date/Time: 7 July

What happened: I broke my leg on some rubble and on a whim, decided to crawl to my bike and see if I could ride it. Sure enough, I could.

Where you were: NW Airfield ATC tower.

What you were doing: Riding a bike with a broken leg.

Date/Time: 7 July

What happened: I broke my leg on some rubble and on a whim' date=' decided to crawl to my bike and see if I could ride it. Sure enough, I could.

Where you were: NW Airfield ATC tower.

What you were doing: Riding a bike with a broken leg.

[/quote']

not really a bug, and if it were one I doubt they could change that.

Since bikes are considered vehicles.

On top of that, I can ride a bike IRL with one leg; I'm sure your character could too.

Playing vanilla Arma and getting your legs disabled, you can still hop on a bike. Its not a bug

I've rode a bike IRL with a pretty badly busted ankle(Used to ride BMX, broke 5 bones in 7 places), it was after 5 weeks or so but it is still possible.

And as stated, IRL you can pedal with one leg.

Not a real bug.

Still a vehicle so you can still drive with a broken bone.

I understand how the ARMA vehicle system works, I've played it since 2009, thanks though. It's still a bug as far as I'm concerned, at the very least it's immersion breaking.

Also, riding a bike with one leg or with a bruised ankle is not the same thing as riding a bike with a broken leg. Go ahead and try any kind of physical activity when your femur or tibia has been snapped in half and get back to me. Even if you pedal with one leg and hold the other still, the constant shifting of your bones from the motion of the bike is going to create unbearable agony. No, its not possible.

I understand how the ARMA vehicle system works' date=' I've played it since 2009, thanks though. It's still a bug as far as I'm concerned, at the very least it's immersion breaking.

Also, riding a bike with one leg or with a bruised ankle is not the same thing as riding a bike with a broken leg. Go ahead and try any kind of physical activity when your femur or tibia has been snapped in half and get back to me. Even if you pedal with one leg and hold the other still, the constant shifting of your bones from the motion of the bike is going to create unbearable agony. No, its not possible.

[/quote']

You know what breaks my immersion, healing my broken leg with a shot of morphine.

Teammate - "Hey dude didn't you just get your legs broken?"

Me - "Yeah but I shot myself up with these awesome painkillers, so I'm good"

Teammate - "Uhm what? You fell two stories and your femur is sticking out your leg."

Me - "What ever, can't feel shit with these drugs! Outa sight outa mind homie, lets keep running!"

I always assume that you don't have your legs broken. Just wounded and you are paralyzed by immerse pain and shock.

So using morphine just make you ignore the pain and make movement possible.

No' date=' its not possible.

[/quote']

Had a major surgery on my knee. Was driving a car home a day later, using only one leg.

It is possible. Painful, but possible :cool:

You understand that driving a car and riding a bike are completely different activities right? Glad your surgery worked out for you though.

I understand how the ARMA vehicle system works' date=' I've played it since 2009, thanks though. It's still a bug as far as I'm concerned, at the very least it's immersion breaking.

[/quote']

I don't believe you actually read what parrin said:

I've rode a bike IRL with a pretty badly busted ankle(Used to ride BMX, broke 5 bones in 7 places), it was after 5 weeks or so but it is still possible.

And as stated, IRL you can pedal with one leg.

He broke 5 bones in 7 places; his ankle wasn't bruised his ankle was busted

If anything breaks immersion blame the doors and walls that break your legs, or the fact that one shot of morphine can fix your broken legs. This is actually one of the things that you actually can do in real life