Raggzie

Tent under tree bug

Date/Time: 1:37

What happened: I placed a tent but it had no user interface option

Where you were: Under a Tree

What you were doing: Placing a tent

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: Seattle 49

*Your system specs: phenom II 3.2 GHz dual core, Nvidea GTS 250, 4 gb ddr3, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit,

*Timeline of events before/after error: 1 second

Its tricky to find the Interface option under a tree.

When me and a mate discovered 3 Tents he was only able to open one tent.

So i got on my knees and walked slowly(with shift) in first person all around the tents checking for a spot where the Interface comes available...and indeed there was one small spot.

So just keep on trying, should work if you look close enough!

I dont class this as a bug. I class this as a form of security to stop others getting into your tent

Please DO NOT fix this!

Yeah! Coniferous security. Dem needles be sharp yo!

• Like 1

I dont class this as a bug. I class this as a form of security to stop others getting into your tent

Please DO NOT fix this!

so your exploiting a glitch in the game then is what your saying

Please DO NOT fix this!

This isn't really something you can control and it actually can stop you from using your own tent.. losing a tent in the process. I placed two tents close to trees to try and conceal them a little.. but it only ended up making it so I couldn't use or pack them back up.

Please DO NOT fix this!

Its a bug, Your exploiting a bug.

It will be fixed if it can be.

Don't exploit the game.

Funny how you guys accept placing a tent through the trunk of a tree is acceptible, yet not being able to access it isnt? Hypocrits!

Same here, found a tent ("Oh Hell Yeah") ran 5km till I found a perfect spot, tried to pitch it 15 times untill it finally worked ("sick")

and then spent 20 mins rubbing myself against it trying to open the thing only to find a leaf in the way.

even crawled inside it at one point and got a broken leg for my trouble.

seems out only option is to put it in the open and have people help themselves or hide it and then we may as well set it on fire for all the good it does us.

for the love of god I tried rubbing my face against the thing only the have to game shrug and say "sorry what tent?, I don't see one, on your way chump"

owell off to the supermarket again to fight my way through 15 zombies that see me from 100m away.

Sigh

Edit:

turns out I didn't need the tent in the end anyway, got my head blown off by some guy with a .50 cal.

that'll learn me to dick about in the woods shooting zombies for no reason.

actually tbh no it won't, I'm still going to dick about in the woods shooting zombies for no reason, your move Mr .50cal.

Edited by AlbinoNoodle

ok so the other day we found some tents been saving them up for some time now in our atv and finally decided to set up camp we set up a really good spot got all the tents set up saved them all. Then decided to start to put some things in it got all stocked up night vision range finders ghillie suits camo suits you name it we had it. saved got on the atv to start to find some more stuff. then the server did an update to 1.7.1.1 and the server we were on reset to allow for the change. downloade the new stuff came back put on ghillie suit and sweet finally works, went to check our tents and everything and i mean everything was gone weapons ammo night vision range finders ghillie suits camo suits everything gone after we worked so hard to find all this stuff and to get a camp set up finally and now everything is gone. now that the server is down and is updating our gear is still not back was just wondering if anyone had any luck with tents at all because what is the purpose of them if you can't store anything in there without the server eatting it or it nuking it. we were on server us 229 the vigilant server and player id is 5010944. please look into what is going on with tents or take them out if they are worthless because like i said what is the purpose of them if you take a big risk or losing everything it really sucks this has been weeks of work to get everything to the point we had it and now its all gone just becuase of some stupied tents which is where your sopose to be able to store gear anyways please look into it and find some kind of fix. thanks hope this helps.

Please DO NOT fix this!

Having finally got a good spot that is a pain to access the tent if you don't know the right spot I find myself agreeing with this guy,

wiggle about until you find a spot and just accept that the trees will eat your tent from time to time when you try to set one up.

Yeah I know its kinda a exploit but for the love of god this game has burned me with enough bugs that having one that is helpful sometimes is kinda nice.

Im not sure how yours was placed in the tree but i and a friend had this twice. Tents front was halfway in the tree. We found out that you have to go to first person view and face the tents left frontcorner. Hope it helped some.

ok so the other day we found some tents been saving them up for some time now in our atv and finally decided to set up camp we set up a really good spot got all the tents set up saved them all. Then decided to start to put some things in it got all stocked up night vision range finders ghillie suits camo suits you name it we had it. saved got on the atv to start to find some more stuff. then the server did an update to 1.7.1.1 and the server we were on reset to allow for the change. downloade the new stuff came back put on ghillie suit and sweet finally works, went to check our tents and everything and i mean everything was gone weapons ammo night vision range finders ghillie suits camo suits everything gone after we worked so hard to find all this stuff and to get a camp set up finally and now everything is gone. now that the server is down and is updating our gear is still not back was just wondering if anyone had any luck with tents at all because what is the purpose of them if you can't store anything in there without the server eatting it or it nuking it. we were on server us 229 the vigilant server and player id is 5010944. please look into what is going on with tents or take them out if they are worthless because like i said what is the purpose of them if you take a big risk or losing everything it really sucks this has been weeks of work to get everything to the point we had it and now its all gone just becuase of some stupied tents which is where your sopose to be able to store gear anyways please look into it and find some kind of fix. thanks hope this helps.

you should have at least tried to pitch a tent before you got all that stuff, crazy how you got all that stuff and a vehicle but never pitched a tent, i guess you never needed a tent because of you atv ...

tents are known to eat your gear on server reset, always expect to find an empty tent, i personally have yet to pitch a tent that doesn't eat gear on the first few server resets. i usually place only gear that is very easy to replace in a new tent until it saves at least once, just put in painkillers, flashlights, soda cans or whatever floats your boat in them until those items are still there after a reset, then you can start putting weapons, ammo, tools or food in there, hope your next stash doesn't get eaten now.

don't get attached to your gear. sad but true.

This happens with any items you can interact with. I went to a tree to cut some wood to cook up some steaks. Before I cut it I had to drop 2 items to make room in inventory. I dropped a bloodbag and a pop right under the tree. Afterwards I could not get any interface to pick them back up. Not in 1st person or 3rd person, standing, crouching or laying down. Its probably just because the trees model and/or properties.

We need tent "locks" and "lockpicks" :P

Edited by Smokie23