With that budget you probably won't see a ton of improvements around performance. I don't know much about Radeon cards around that price range, but an NVidia GTS 450 might be within your budget. The GTS 450 costs about $100 USD, or about $120 NZD.

Here is a video of ARMA 2 running on it:

But also note, ARMA is mostly CPU dependent. Although your graphics card is outdated, you may not see a dramatic improvement because of this.

Hi there,

May I ask what make and model number CPU, PSU and motherboard you are using? You can check the CPU and motherboard using CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html), to find out the PSU info you will need to take the side off your case and look for the rating/information sticker on the unit.

A new graphics card is a good start for getting your PC able to play ARMA2/DayZ, however you will also need to have a half-decent CPU to get the game running acceptably and your PSU needs to be good enough to run the more power-hungry graphics card.

As for a graphics card to fit in that budget, I'm not sure what hardware prices are like in NZ, but based on currency conversion I would be looking at a graphics card like an AMD HD 5750, HD 5770, HD 6750, HD 6770, HD 6850 and HD 7770. If you can find one a Nvidia GTX 460 would be a great card to get in this price range.

My computer has everything the game requires except the video card. The game loads fast just slow with the textures and what not even on low. I will look into the GTS 450, The CPU that my computer has is AMD Athlon II X2 Processor which meets the requirements for Arma

Well from running a directX Diagnostics the processor is a AMD Athlon™ II X2 Processor (2CPUs) at 3.0GHz. What I think I will do is take my computer into my local tech and get him to fit it up for me. I am looking into making my own computer hopefully at the end of this year so if i dont end up sorting it out I will just build a monster! Thanks guys for the help

If its an Athlon II X2 then yes - you should be fine for the CPU requirement. Obviously, it won't be able to rival an i5 in the CPU stakes, but it will run the game well enough - so long as you tweak your settings.

Now you just need to check your PSU is good enough for a proper graphics card.

The GTS 450 isn't a bad card, but it tends to cost about the same as a HD 5770 or 6770 (these two cards are basically the same, but with different names) but performs worse (see here http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/538?vs=609 ). Therefore, I would recommend the AMD cards over the GTS 450.

The GTS 450 isn't a bad card' date=' but it tends to cost about the same as a HD 5770 or 6770 (these two cards are basically the same, but with different names) but performs worse (see here http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/538?vs=609). Therefore, I would recommend the AMD cards over the GTS 450.

[/quote']

I'm glad someone knows more about AMD cards in that price range! :)