Donkamints

Hacking is out of control

I cant play on a server without people hacking. Its way to widespread when the people streaming are even getting attacked by "hackers". It was fine the first few times you killed one of them and they had everything and then continued to spawn on your until they finally killed you. It was cool having all that gear for like 4 mins. Easy come easy go. But for the 4-5 time getting bombed by a jet in the middle of nowhere its getting kind of old. You need to take care of this. In my opinion this is cause for great concern. How are we to test the actual game when we have to deal with constant "hackers" either spawning ontop of us or just killing the entire server. I know some people who got banned for just spawning weapons a time or 2, yet how are these other people allowed to continue spawning stuff that isn't in the dayz database? Please address the "hacking" issue it is out of control when you cant find a server that has 100% legit players.

...you must be kidding

I've never encountered a hacker, been playing for months.

I did find a crashed jet ONCE, but that was it

I have encountered several but y no means is it riddled with hackers.

I have been killed 2 times in all the hours and hours and hours playing y hackers wiping the server.

I have been ported into the ocean (everyone on the server) one time.

I have seen hacked vechs 4-5 times. I seen hacked wepons only a handful of times.

So counting all the time I have played and only having those encounters above id say the hackers are preety few and far between.

They can see your gear. They know your position on the map and they kill you to try and piss you off. You must not get very kitted up at all. I would assume you run in cherno and ele and just die time after time but there are players who get very kitted up and go north to survive. We are trying to stay alive as long as possible. They know that and they either spawn on you and kill you or they fly around in a jet and napalm (US 64(NY6)) happened less than 30 mins ago. Tanks in cherno? I sincerely do not believe that you have been playing for months and haven't seen one hacker. Your either a hacker yourself or your trolling. So Ill just dismiss your input.

I have been alive almost 2 weeks now, I have all tools including gps, nvg, ghillie suit, m4a1 cco sd, m9sd, my group has a fortified camp with several vechs and plenty of backup gear as50, fn fals, m24 etc.

Like I said I have seen them several times in my time playing but as much as I play roughly 8 hours a day and only having seen them in action what 10 times? Thats once every few days... dunno what to tell you man.

I always play on official servers and I've never encountered any hackers. Did you consider the fact that you were playing in an unofficial server?

Played on three different servers tonight... been killed in every server by people shooting with unlimited ammo. I'm unarmed and haven't even picked up anything by the time a guy who i can't see is shooting like 30-45 rounds while I'm in a full sprint!

Why would anyone waste that many rounds shooting a guy who's unarmed and doesn't have any loot!!

even if there is like 3000 hackers thats like 1 percent of the population, and 3000 is being generous about the number, then you have out of those 3000 like 300-400 that use private hacks that is undetected and the rest gets banned or used as test subjects by hack creators for detection. then you have to factor they dont all log at the same time...

hackers is rare, is there but rare

Ya I was on a server last night and suddenly shot up 50" in the air and came crashing down to my death. Then I noticed everyone on the server was being killed. That was the 3rd time this week hackers have set up mass kills. IT SUCKS!

They can see your gear. They know your position on the map and they kill you to try and piss you off. You must not get very kitted up at all. I would assume you run in cherno and ele and just die time after time but there are players who get very kitted up and go north to survive. We are trying to stay alive as long as possible. They know that and they either spawn on you and kill you or they fly around in a jet and napalm (US 64(NY6)) happened less than 30 mins ago. Tanks in cherno? I sincerely do not believe that you have been playing for months and haven't seen one hacker. Your either a hacker yourself or your trolling. So Ill just dismiss your input.

I'll step in here...

I've logged several hundred hours in game since Day Z was released several months ago. At one point or another I've held just about every weapon and variant. I've not once encountered a hacker.

So I'll just dismiss your input.

Are there hackers? Sure, I've seen the videos and player complaints. Is it rampant? Hardly.

Let me offer some advice, you don't know anyone here, how much they've played, or how they play. Pop a couple of chill pills, stop playing for a couple of days... whatever. Just check your attitude.

I've seen two hackers, and one was an unofficial server I was playing on by accident when I started playing. Since the latest wave of bannings, I've seen no hackers at all. Also try playing on vetern servers without third person if you're butthurt about people seeing you.

Experienced players that get some real weird kills on myself and my team but I've put it down to it being arma vets. As for hackers havent encountered one yet!

Ah well Hackers are here to make the game harder x :D

But I never had an Issue with a hacker.

Ah well Hackers are here to make the game harder x :D

n1 :D

And the hackers are taking care of you loosing your gear eventually, so the righteous forum warriors can be happy.^^

Yesterday a hacker teleported every vehicle and every player on the map to the NWAF.

All hackers don't have fancy jets! Most of the time you wouldn't even know you've been killed by a hacker, so saying you haven't encountered one is just a dumb thing to say!

Donkamints, don't listen to these guys. You're right, hacking is WAY out of control. If you have nice gear, or if you kill someone fair and square-- Someone gets pissy and kills everyone in the server. Attack helicopters, spawning items for themselves, teleporting on top you, them teleporting YOU on top of them, it's endless. It's steadily becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Banning someone isn't even a permanent solution-- all the need to do is buy a new key, and voila! They're back in the game terrorizing everyone. Survivors and bandits both deal with this. Having a survivor playstyle myself, I appall anyone cheating to get an edge. Bandits (well, the REAL bandits) deny any affiliation with cheaters, knowing that the fun is in the hunt.

We can't be testing a buggy game like Day Z with these cheaters out of control. I can state with assurance that Rocket is pissed about it, too-- Hacking/cheating violates the basic premises that make this game so compelling in the first place. He knows it's a big problem. But they're a small team working on a HUGE mod (and some of them are working on ArmA III, too). This problem will get fixed, but it will take time. In Rocket We Trust.

Take it easy, lemon squeezy.

Edit: To the players who are discounting the seriousness of the situation, it's only going to get worse. I'd never encountered hackers until about three weeks ago, now I see some form of it every other day. It will get worse.

Hackers are somewhat common but not every one decides to draw attention to themselves with airplanes, mass teleports, and obvious weapons. Attempted hackers will get worse as the game continues to gather popularity.

I bet a good portion of these hacks will be patched up pretty soon.

I read that this is a flaw in the arma 2 engine, apparently its designed for LAN and not online so the game trusts the client completely not to cheat.

...you must be kidding

I've never encountered a hacker' date=' been playing for months.

I did find a crashed jet ONCE, but that was it

[/quote']

Freeside has been attacked by hackers 4 times over the last few weeks (once today and once yesterday, twice last weekend). I've been killed two other times by hackers (that useless insta-gib script). Kinda sucks having a good thing going; we've just made ourselves a target. It's fun though, since most of us don't bitch when it happens, and two of the attacks that I know of against us have included a server admin :)

Admins really need more concise logging to pick this kind of crap up...

The hackers seem to come in waves. The first big one was when they were using the insta-gib to wipe servers left and right, and that wave ended when Rocket went and dropped the hammer on some 1k players. Now it's another wave, but this time it seems to be the item spawners and teleporters along with a few idiots still using the insta-gib.

Even worse when you see streamers and their buddies, all with suppressed pistols and rifles. Driving a truck full of sniper rifles and LMGs. As it stands, people don't even search for gear anymore, they just spawn their weapons and go hunting for people.

Great stuff.