Sign in to follow this  
bigtbone

Help locating myself

Can someone please tell me how to use landmarks in game to find my location on a map online. A link to one of those maps would be very useful as well. Thanks :)

Find a map in-game, decipher the road-signs in its weird lettering, pin-point the location on the map.

Or if you feel like cheating a bit, use this external map.

http://dayzmap.info/

Another alternative is to check bottom right corner when logging into a server. It'll say where you are and you can look on the map and go from there.

But how do I find out where I'm at in the world as compared to that map you gave me?

Landmarks. The maps also show the contours of the land so you can tell thing such as if you're heading down/up a hill. Pay attention when in town also to larger buildings and the road directions they take. Is the building on a corner? Does it connect to a main road? etc.

The bottom right of screen will tell you the nearest town/place you are at. Once you know that just look on the map around said area and get your bearings.

Stuff like this is common sense and a general sense of direction.

Every time you log in into a server, look on the bottom right corner of your screen, it will appear some letters forming the name of the place that you are in the moment. It might be a city, or a mountain, or even plains.

And there is a lot of places you can use as reference, like electric cables, lakes and small roads.

But there is also tricky names, like 'Wildness' (or something like that, cannot remember now) that means you are far away from a place on the map.

Landmarks. The maps also show the contours of the land so you can tell thing such as if you're heading down/up a hill. Pay attention when in town also to larger buildings and the road directions they take. Is the building on a corner? Does it connect to a main road? etc.

The bottom right of screen will tell you the nearest town/place you are at. Once you know that just look on the map around said area and get your bearings.

Stuff like this is common sense and a general sense of direction.

I can't find things like billboards on the map that you gave me and i can't tell what city I'm nearest.

Find a town. Look for a road or power lines, then follow them. They always lead somewhere. You will reach a town eventually, then read the road sign and try to find it on the map. Or if you can't do that log out and back in and see what it says in the bottom right corner.

Find a town. Look for a road or power lines' date=' then follow them. They always lead somewhere. You will reach a town eventually, then read the road sign and try to find it on the map. Or if you can't do that log out and back in and see what it says in the bottom right corner.

[/quote']

Ok, much appreciated man.