Sign in to follow this  
cklynx

Connection Failed for every server

I have been trying to play Day-Z since Monday but i have run into a problem i just can not fix.

I have installed everything fine but every server i try to join it just says "Connection Failed". I have tried many different servers but i keep getting the same error. I have the latest 1.6 patch and can join normal servers just not DayZ ones.

I have removed all my mods and reinstalled Day-Z, that didnt work.

I have completely removed Arma 2 & Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and freshly reinstalled them along with Day-Z and that doesnt work either.

I am using the steam copy if that helps?

This problem is really annoying me, i have searched the internet and tried different methods trying to fix it but nothing is working.

Please help

I have the same issue, but its only for some of the servers. Will try what skrayfox suggested now. I play on steam as well.

Edit: doesn't work, still getting connection failed through sixupdate.

I duno what this means btw, but I can still play on some servers but not all. The ones that don't work just say 'Connection failed' before even doing anything prior to trying to join.

Sorry if pic doesn't help but i don't a understand this program at all since im from steam lol

1fSLD.png

First thing you need to do in that picture is clear your dynamic preset (the list on the left). Then, go to the "mods" tab (between "Server Browser" and "Apps"). In the mods tab, right click day z (and ONLY day z) and in the "updater options" menu, select "launch game" NOT "join server". This will launch arma 2 CO with only day z in the mod list, and you should be able to connect to servers.

If you have the Arma 2 Beta, then you need to run the exe, and it will place it in your OA main folder. There will be a pre-made shortcut you can launch the beta version with. Once you run that short cut, you can choose which mods you want in the "Expansions" menu in the game itself.

i appreciate you trying to help man, but no luck still :[

also i'm pretty sure OP is having the same problem.

m2FKR.png

MmGWU.png

8goel.png

Also i'd like to point out i was able to connect to a virginia server but not a dallas server, any reason why?

Finally fixed this, just reinstalled Arma 2 again and it now works