Sign in to follow this  
Alec (DayZ)

Map Notes?

So I just set up my first camp and I can't figure out how to mark notes on my map so I tend to stay close so I don't get lost or forget where it was. It'd just make it a lot easier in game.

You'll want to know that all notes you put on your map will be visible by everyone that has a map on the server if I remember correctly.

You'll want to know that all notes you put on your map will be visible by everyone that has a map on the server if I remember correctly.

Wow that's heroicly stupid.

Alec if you look at you map in game you will see numbers across the top and the sides.

The more you zoom in the smaller the boxes with the numbers are.

So you can write down the vertical number and the horizontal number to mark exactly what location your tent is and then write it on a piece of paper.

So as an example: V-034, H-119

And then use landmarks and city names to find your way back.

This of course is assuming you know the basics on how to read a map?

Yea I'll probably just write down the coordinates somewhere just in case but I'm relatively close to a small town and if I would go there I would know where to go to find my tent. Thanks for the tip

False

Everyone in the same chat group sees them. If you are in vehicle chat it's safe.