Sign in to follow this  
seannybgoode

to all the people who whine and moan about scopes/NVG/balance

I'm going to do you noobs a favor here. I'm going to give you a lesson on camouflage and concealment. This is something they teach you in the Canadian armed forces.

1. Shape - The human eye easily recognizes the human shape, so walking upright through an open field or on a road will give you away pretty easily. Unfortunately we can't make guile suits in game, but there are a few things you can do to avoid being spotted. Crouch walk/run or crawl. Use foliage like bushes as cover.

2. Shadow - If you're walking around in the open sun, you're gonna be easier to make out at a distance. Stick to tree lines and shadow cover to stay out of sight. How do you think those pesky bandits avoid you until it's too late?

3. Color - Survivor skin sucks. Bandit camo rules. Match the color of your clothing to your surroundings to become less visible.

4. Silhouette - If you're standing on top of a hill, and I'm in a tree line at the bottom of a hill, I'm going to see you, and you are not going to see me. If you get sniped while you're standing on top of a hill or building, it's your own damn fault.

5. Movement - The human eye sees movement over anything else. I can count on one hand the number of times I've spotted someone moving ultra slowly at a distance on one hand. If I'm watching an area with a scoped rifle, nothing will give you away more easily than running around like a maniac. This game is about intentional movements and thinking, not running like an idiot. If you need to put distance between yourself and a threat quickly, run. If you need to get to cover fast, run. If you want to get somewhere, walk.

This is a zombie survival sim for all intents and purposes. In a real survival situation, not everything will be balanced. People who play smart will persevere, and people who don't will get killed and wine about balance.

This is true. Prob only reason I survived so long. Even after twice being forced to the coast by the 1.5.7 update.

I've found that every time I start to get cocky I die within the hour.

Playing it safe isn't just a guide, it's a strict code to follow at all times.

Yeah, the coast is a bitch.

On topic, crafty people can easily track a noob for miles until they kill, and I have seen this happen many times. All it takes is being spotted and the spotter having a general idea of where you're heading. So before you whine like "I was X and in a bush and I was X and in a house, take that into account. Smart people are smart, at least pretend that you are too.

I wish you guys would keep info like this to yourself. It's not survival of the smartest/fittest if your throwing this info out there. Your also helping bandits when u throw this stuff up. I guess I'm just greedy and overly addicted to this mod :) and paranoid lol. But good post man. Good to know there's other mature smart people playing this game and not a bunch of 12 yr olds.

5. Movement - The human eye sees movement over anything else. I can count on one hand the number of times I've spotted someone moving ultra slowly at a distance on one hand. If I'm watching an area with a scoped rifle' date=' nothing will give you away more easily than running around like a maniac. This game is about intentional movements and thinking, not running like an idiot. If you need to put distance between yourself and a threat quickly, run. If you need to get to cover fast, run. If you want to get somewhere, walk.

[/quote']

Plus, holding Alt and moving the mouse enables you to look around with the head being the only bodypart that moves, as opposed to your whole body.

This is true. Prob only reason I survived so long. Even after twice being forced to the coast by the 1.5.7 update.

...how long have you survived? lol

quote/ I wish you guys would keep info like this to yourself. It's not survival of the smartest/fittest if your throwing this info out there. Your also helping bandits when u throw this stuff up. I guess I'm just greedy and overly addicted to this mod Smile and paranoid lol. But good post man. Good to know there's other mature smart people playing this game and not a bunch of 12 yr olds. /quote

Haha, I partly agree with you. But I'd rather share some basic survival tips and not have the awesomeness of this game get nerfed because of whiners.

Just let it be known that if you die, it's your own fault, unless you climbed up a ladder for the first time, that's not your fault. Second time up the ladder though, still your fault.

5. Movement - The human eye sees movement over anything else. I can count on one hand the number of times I've spotted someone moving ultra slowly at a distance on one hand. If I'm watching an area with a scoped rifle' date=' nothing will give you away more easily than running around like a maniac. This game is about intentional movements and thinking, not running like an idiot. If you need to put distance between yourself and a threat quickly, run. If you need to get to cover fast, run. If you want to get somewhere, walk.

[/quote']

This. And so many times this.

I almost never notice a player who is walking or standing still, especially at night. I try to advise new players all the time that running should be used to A) Get from cover to cover in/near a town or open area, or B) Distancing yourself from harm's way.

I personally get a kick out of listening to people whine about imbalance or unfair advantages.

This is not a nice game. First of all, accept that and get used to it. Second, endeavour to to be smarter. You don't have to be the smartest, just smarter than the people around you.