acebane

Day Z [GUIDE] - Sniper Rifles

Hello Day Z Community,

My name is S6! Acebane and I make a variety of Day Z youtube videos. You can check out my

and several other videos for Day Z that you can check out on my Channel. But I'm now making a new "Mini Series" known as Weapon Guides. I'll be covering Secondary Weapons, Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and Machineguns.

Here is a video I just made,

. The mission used in this video to help me test weapons is made by Murcielago called The Shooting Range. All credit for the mission goes to him.

Hopefully you find this helpful. I must inform you that this is based off my personal experience with the guns and the gun scores rely heavily on my opinion of it. I explain in decent detail as to why I gave it the score I did. You're entitled to disagree but for newer players, this will be a good "Mini Series" to keep your eye on.

Click Here to subscribe to my channel!

Edited by Acebane
  • Like 4

Just watched the sniper guide and I like how you score the weapons and everything. It's nicely put together and the list of pros and cons is nice. ;D

Ive followed the instructions for downloading the shooting range but cant get it to work, is there a trouble shooting guide anywhere?

Clear and concise; you hit the highs, and this for me is the best guide yet on the sniping rifles in DayZ.

TY Ace.

The mod you pulled up as an overlay showing the range adjustment graph - what is it, where can you get it and is it kosher for use in DayZ??

I would say sticky this.

Thanks for the compliments.

@Food, glad you liked the little list I put together.

@Bigtaff, all you do is follow the instructions of the shooting range. Once downloaded, put the PBO in your MP Missions folder (where ever you have your @Dayz folder, there will also be mpmissions). Then you load up your game and go to multiplayer, hit the "NEW" button at the bottom, you can either do it on LAN which is just for you or you can host it for your friends and you. Just know that this shooting range has room for only you and 4 other friends.

@Bogroll, I'm ecstatic you think this belongs to be stickied lol. The range adjustment graph, I'm assuming you mean when I bring up the weapon stats? THat's part of the scripts in Murcielago's Shooting Range mission. You just mousewheel on the laptop and go to weapon analysis, select memory 1 and start firing. Hit G to end the weapon analysis and see the stats come up. It's also not able to be used in Day Z because it's a script attached to the mission, where as Day Z uses it's own mission.

Hey S6,I watch your videos for some time. Thank you for the tutorial (already watched,but thanks anyway). Can you please tell me what's the name of the "level" you're playing? I wanna practice sniper shooting myself too.

@Vanden1989 lol. It's in my first post. It's the mission by Murcielago called The Shooting Range.

Tried watching and it looked very informative but, it's pronounced "SHEV-RON" not "CHEV-ron"

I apologize for being a Nazi about that but I could not watch past two minutes.

Good luck on your future videos.

Thx for this guid and mission file link Ace,

just tryed it and hit targets 1km away with 1-2 shots istead of 10 now :D

When is the Assault Rifle guide finished, acebane ?

I can´t wait for it any more

Edited by leopard1a

Haha it'll be SO LONG I'd have to break it into parts. It'll take awhile though because I'm still trying to get footage for all my other series.

Disagree with the 10/10 for the AS50. The sheer length of it is a con in my opinion. Makes it too easy to get spotted through tree-lines.

Most of the time you're at 300M + away when firing the sniper rifle so the length of it isn't a factor of being caught (If you're looking at your target, doesn't matter if the barrel is 1 inch or 20 inches, they see the hole of the barrel). If you're getting caught it's because you either 1. Were heard when firing prior 2. Moved around too much or 3. Your bright white survivor outfit lol. Not to mention, the AS50 is smaller than the M107 at least.

But then again, everyone is entitled to disagree.

Tried watching and it looked very informative but, it's pronounced "SHEV-RON" not "CHEV-ron"

I apologize for being a Nazi about that but I could not watch past two minutes.

Good luck on your future videos.

Seriuosly ? lol but anyway..at least you apologized for being a twit :)

Cool vid Ace, i am a crap sniper, it just isn't in my make up..i am more of the assualt type guy who needs a sniper backing him up :) I may play around with the trainer when i get home though and see if a can get a bit of competency going. Axing snipers on the other hand... :D

Acebane, just wondering if you record all your DayZ videos on the S6 server? Would be cool knowing that at whatever moment I could fall victim to a bandit act or something :ph34r: :D

Most of the time you're at 300M + away when firing the sniper rifle so the length of it isn't a factor of being caught (If you're looking at your target, doesn't matter if the barrel is 1 inch or 20 inches, they see the hole of the barrel). If you're getting caught it's because you either 1. Were heard when firing prior 2. Moved around too much or 3. Your bright white survivor outfit lol. Not to mention, the AS50 is smaller than the M107 at least.

But then again, everyone is entitled to disagree.

True, but I wouldn't keep it out while running/scoping out the area. Too easy to spot from the left or right side. Easy to get the drop on someone unsuspecting.

Acebane, just wondering if you record all your DayZ videos on the S6 server? Would be cool knowing that at whatever moment I could fall victim to a bandit act or something :ph34r: :D

Yeah, I'm starting to since it's gone up. I just robbed someone the other day(New bandit act video inc!) and have met a couple of people in cherno via direct chat.

Agreed Wo0kie, the cannon in your hands sticking out 3 feet in front of you is practically holding up a flag saying "I'm here!" to anyone on your flanks.

Goldeen, I was here 2 months ago + when the VSS Vintorez was def in the game (or maybe it was hacked in). I'm not sure if it's been removed or what, but if it isn't in Day Z then consider it a little bonus then lol.

Seriuosly ? lol but anyway..at least you apologized for being a twit :)

Cool vid Ace, i am a crap sniper, it just isn't in my make up..i am more of the assualt type guy who needs a sniper backing him up :) I may play around with the trainer when i get home though and see if a can get a bit of competency going. Axing snipers on the other hand... :D

Oh no for correct spelling and pronunciation.

Waiting for your Assault rifles video. A lot of people in DayZ do get many physics confused coming from different games and platforms. By the way, don't forget recoil compensation! Been doing training with my organization and we've all learned about placement of the rounds aside from what items the rounds cannot pass through even though they do in real life, I.E.; Camouflage netting at certain angles and borders of windows.

Hey Acebane Cobra here :) remember the svd camo ^.^

Very nice guide Liked it very usefull :")

I like your sniper rifle video and all the others.

Maybee you can say also something about the availability of ammo in your next vids. Especially for sniper rifles it is quiet important in my eyes. Because it can be hard to get.

CZ 550 ammo is the easiest to get. From farm and residential buildings. And also from my favorit source, the hunter zombie.http://picacid.com/a...ld_loot_en.html

M24 mags can be made of DMR mags which are not that hard to get. From military buildings or soldier zombies.

Also the audible range is a important factor. You can read it up here. http://dayzdb.com/database/weapons

Some weapons sound not loud but they are. And the other way around.

Like the AS50 and the M107. AS50 sounds less loud but they are both the same http://dayzdb.com/database/m107 http://dayzdb.com/database/as50

Damage is another factor. You can read that up at dayzdb. To understand the damage value read the commentaries. It is a bit tricky.

Edited by Kjell Bjarne

Oh I remember you, I loved your side arm video, I wonder if you could make a shotgun video.

Thanks doods! Maybe I will, Matinek but shotguns are used as often as say assault rifles so it'll be low on priority list.