Sign in to follow this  
Izaac Howe

Bulletproof helmets need a some changes.

I think the helmets currently in DayZ need a big nerf. This is because for some reason they are able to stop from 7.62x39mm rounds fired from KA-Ms and 5.56x45mm rounds fired from the Pioneer and let the wearer off with little health damage which in my opinion is very unrealistic. Even the combat helmet, which I believe was based on the SSh-68 helmet which was designed first produced in 1968, can stop these assault rifle calibres. I think all helmets available have the same statistics in terms of protection right now which I think should be changed. The old combat helmet shouldn't be as good at protecting the wearer as much as the Assault helmet or any of the more modern helmets and definitely should not be able to stop a rifle round. Also I think the visor for the Assault helmet should add some sort of protection as right now it is useless. Also, I think the shape of the helmet itself should play a role in the protection it gives. The hitbox of the helmet should not cover the entire head. Instead, it should only cover the parts of the head that the helmet covers. This would give the Assault helmet's visor a use. Thank you for reading.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Izaac Howe said:

I think the helmets currently in DayZ need a big nerf. This is because for some reason they are able to stop from 7.62x39mm rounds fired from KA-Ms and 5.56x45mm rounds fired from the Pioneer and let the wearer off with little health damage which in my opinion is very unrealistic. Even the combat helmet, which I believe was based on the SSh-68 helmet which was designed first produced in 1968, can stop these assault rifle calibres. I think all helmets available have the same statistics in terms of protection right now which I think should be changed. The old combat helmet shouldn't be as good at protecting the wearer as much as the Assault helmet or any of the more modern helmets and definitely should not be able to stop a rifle round. Also I think the visor for the Assault helmet should add some sort of protection as right now it is useless. Also, I think the shape of the helmet itself should play a role in the protection it gives. The hitbox of the helmet should not cover the entire head. Instead, it should only cover the parts of the head that the helmet covers. This would give the Assault helmet's visor a use. Thank you for reading.

Agreed. Each helmet should have different values