nemorus

Skills revision

Posted (edited)

In "DayZ" character can learn two skills - which is a leftover of some long forgotten idea.

J4jR1kA.png

Maxed out threading a needle means that character can repair certain items more efficiently.

Maxed out hammer means that character will get an additional wood during harvesting process.

Both these are negating themselves - so if you repair your tools when harvesting wood you will lose progress from your previous work. Makes sense, right?

I've built most ridiculous bases in my time - the biggest one had well over 200 gates and required more than 2000 of logs and about 20000 nails. And i have never maxed out any of the mentioned skills. Never. Even now, on vanilla + server, with 3 separate bases on one character i'm nowhere close anything. Because one work overwrites the other constantly. I cannot understand why is it designed like this... Especially since these skills are worthless for majority of people and their pvp meat-grinding playstyle. You lose these skills along your character - so why is it so hard to get any of them? Is that some kind of achievement for "DayZ"?

I suggest to fully open this feature. Do something productive with it since its just lying around with no purpose. I know that modders are using this leftover for their own skills-based systems.

Edited by nemorus
-ly
  • Like 2

Those skills are not functioning anyway?

Can't tell - because i haven't got it once XD. But people on the internet were always saying same stuff about it. I've seen a lot of topics on that matter.

Posted (edited)

I had seen some videos on YT and they said that it also worked, but very little and to obtain a minimal advantage you had to work too much and only in one direction, otherwise, as soon as you did the opposite work, all the (minimal) advantage disappeared almost immediately .
I have always considered it a useless thing to ignore.

And with all the problems that DayZ has, and the pace at which they are solved... for me... it's not even worth complaining about: you ignore the feature, as if it didn't exist and move on... 😉

Edited by Riddick_2K