Roggle

DayZ Has Some Problems

Right now, DayZ is far to easy for anyone thats played it for more then a few hours and has got the basics down.

Zombies cant catch you and are no threat once you know how to lose them, all you need is a hill or a building and you can lose them any time you want. This makes sneaking a waste of your time.

DayZ map is big, but there are only 3 locations

elektro

cherno

northwest airfield

These areas are the only areas worth going to, unless you role play. This is not opinion, but fact. Look at the loot tables. The inland towns have nothing special, nothing to fight over, and are a total waste of time.

The DayZ map may look big, but really its just three areas worth your time. Everything else is filler.

What I suggest, make the game focused on the threat of zombies since right now ( if you know the basics ) you cant be killed by them

-Limit the sprint so you have to catch your breath so you cant just outrun them forever

-Make Zombies not have to stop to attack

As for the tiny map, make it so the inland towns spawn loot that can only be found there. Make them have a point

Now Attack me

Lol. Ignorance is bliss. Tasty.

Lol. Ignorance is bliss. Tasty.

look at some loot tables, once you see it, that magic of the game dies. Knowing that there is nothing to explore

Except thay ive found the same items at the ne airfield. Not gonna argue the rest . Once ones shot, they all are.

Stary? Or however you spell it... and every town is good... and you don't go to the north west air field alone unless you want to die.

Stary Sobor has one low military spawn, airfield has 10+. Main Cities have 3+

Also read my edit, its a game have fun with it :D try a different approach to your gameplay see how long you can stay alive one character its fun. Spend time in the woods hunting and only going into cities when you need medicine.

DayZ map is big' date=' but there are only 3 locations

elektro

cherno

northwest airfield

The DayZ map may look big, but really its just three areas worth your time. Everything else is filler.

[/quote']

actually you dont even have to waste time on elektro or cherno. you can find anything you want on berezino with lot less trouble (besides the walking).

I feel the same way about the filler feeling. Some cities should have like a unique drop or a better chance of droping something valuable so we would have more incentives to explore

Stary? Or however you spell it... and every town is good... and you don't go to the north west air field alone unless you want to die.

Stary Sobor has one low military spawn' date=' airfield has 10+. Main Cities have 3+

[/quote']

it has a ton of tents, and they're not low. you've got a higher chance for a coyote backpack in stary than you do at nw airfield. you're also forgetting the 20 plus fields that helicopter crashes spawn in. you're also forgetting the players near cherno and elektro that troll for new spawners. you can kill them and get all you ever needed. you also neglect camps up north...

actually you dont even have to waste time on elektro or cherno. you can find anything you want on berezino with lot less trouble (besides the walking).

your right' date=' about berezino. Still that only leaves four real locations

[hr']

Stary Sobor has one low military spawn' date=' airfield has 10+. Main Cities have 3+

[/quote']

it has a ton of tents, and they're not low. you've got a higher chance for a coyote backpack in stary than you do at nw airfield. you're also forgetting the 20 plus fields that helicopter crashes spawn in. you're also forgetting the players near cherno and elektro that troll for new spawners. you can kill them and get all you ever needed. you also neglect camps up north...

Stary Sober Military Loot

Number of Loot Spots:2

Loot spawn chance 40%

Coyote Backpack Spawn chance: 0.38%

NorthWest Airfield Barracks Loot

Number of Loot Spots:24

Loot spawn chance 40%

Coyote Backpack Spawn chance: 0.23%

Do your math son

And you leave every deer stand out aswell. What are we trying to solve here again?

[/quote']

Tents are useless- The game is too buggy and I've lost countless fortunes due to them either dissapearing or not saving loot correctly. It wasn't stolen from. Also, why would you need a Coyote pack when ALICE packs are 10x more common and hold almost as much? Either way, these two items are rarely even commodities.

Crashed helicopter sites are random, and they do make people travel outside of those three places, but generally people just "loot run" it by taking everything, waiting 10 minutes, and revisiting it to get the entire spawn again, so you only really need to find one and camp it. After you do that for maybe 1-2 runs- you end up just going to cherno or electro again to kill players.

The OP is right, Cherno, Electro, and the NW airfields are pretty much the most visited places by far. I don't even find myself going north to get weapons anymore- the fire stations in Electro and Cherno drop pretty good loot anyway- And I can rack up ~30-60 murders before dying.

And you leave every deer stand out aswell. What are we trying to solve here again?

Saying that the map may be big to the naked eye, but when you study the loot drop system its a tiny, tiny map

I say remove the insane concentrations of good loot and spread it around the map. You should be able to find an AK47 in a house in Prigodorsky. Having a 100% chance of getting a good weapon in the NW airfield is just boring and pretty exploitable, just ask the server hoppers.

Make looking through every building worth it too- Once setup I only check crash heli sites inbetween NW airfield and Cherno. I check the fire station and the barracks, and sometimes the Grocery store if I am running low on food or something.

I'm pretty dumbfounded by the OP. Shit..

I just tried to reply and I can't form a sentence.. How fucking ignorant are you?

Deer stands and heli crashes.. Every other fucking town..

Are you trolling? Serious question.

Well I for one avoid all your high-class locations. All you need are supermarkets and barns, and there's plenty of them in those other towns. Why would anyone who wants to survive, get himself killed by wandering through your four locations that are "worth looting"? Why does every town need to be the scene of standoff between bandits? I think it's good that there's areas in Chernarus that aren't constantly contested, but simply "ghost towns".

Also, imho sneaking is not a waste of time, if you want to avoid zombies, which as a noobie from the beach you HAVE to. And thank god you have ways to lose those zombies, what else would an unarmed noob do? But your point about the endless sprinting is good, that should indeed be changed, but only if the zombies lose interest after some time as well. Also: increasing their numbers would help increasing their potential as well I think.

I prefer to wander from village to village. Takes longer to get your gear together, but travelling makes it all more interesting, imo.

Not one of those locations you mentioned has vehicles. Fail thread. But yeah, its an alpha. Of course it has problems. Nothing new that we haven't seen in a hundred other threads though

I just tried to reply and I can't form a sentence.. How fucking ignorant are you?

But no one actively pursues deer stands-- Not when a fire station or the NW airfield can almost consistently produce better results.

Crashed Helicopters are pretty common, and you pretty much max out your character after one visit-- A bison and 6 mags (2 bizons, actually) and I went down into cherno and had a killing spree.

Other than crashed helicopters, there is no reason to go to anywhere but these 3 or 4 places (If you count berezino, which is just another big city with less people.)

Also, vehicles and tents are too inconsistent to safely store loot and items- It is better to just make a trip to a common helicopter crash site or the NW airfield than run up to a secluded tent and then back down.

Most people don't "just survive"- Its just too easy and boring.

[hr']

[/quote']

Loot spawn chance 40%

Loot spawn chance 40%

Do your math son

Obviously you have never been there yourself and rely on loot tables only to play... There are 14 tents I think with 2 spots each and that's 28 loot spots then WITH a higher percentage. Plus once you find a sniper it's a great place to watch from the surrounding hills. :D

Loot spawn chance 40%

Loot spawn chance 40%

Do your math son

You do realize that there are like 15 tents right? That's 30 total loot spots in one VERY small area. It beats every other town and airfield (besides NW of course). It still beats a single barracks if you don't count the special loot you can get there. Plus there are like 8 deer stands very close by.

VEHICLES AREN'T AT THOSE.LOCATIONS. if you're bored of the mod then leave. It doesn't need half a million whiney testers anyway.

Its Alpha.

Amen bro. Guys like Yeni said, the game is in Alpha. It's no where near complete, so please stop complaining and either wait for the changes to come or stop playing.

Are you realy going to make me say it? Its Alpha bro. Rocket can, and will experiment. He probably will make souly modded areas like he has done with the tents.

[hr']

[/quote']

Loot spawn chance 40%

Loot spawn chance 40%

Do your math son

2 per tent. at least 7 small tents and 2 big tents. there are over 18 loot spots at stary. have you even been there?

[/quote']

Tents are useless- The game is too buggy and I've lost countless fortunes due to them either dissapearing or not saving loot correctly. It wasn't stolen from. Also, why would you need a Coyote pack when ALICE packs are 10x more common and hold almost as much? Either way, these two items are rarely even commodities.

Crashed helicopter sites are random, and they do make people travel outside of those three places, but generally people just "loot run" it by taking everything, waiting 10 minutes, and revisiting it to get the entire spawn again, so you only really need to find one and camp it. After you do that for maybe 1-2 runs- you end up just going to cherno or electro again to kill players.

The OP is right, Cherno, Electro, and the NW airfields are pretty much the most visited places by far. I don't even find myself going north to get weapons anymore- the fire stations in Electro and Cherno drop pretty good loot anyway- And I can rack up ~30-60 murders before dying.

an interesting approach deciding an extra four slots allowing the versatility of another primary plus decent storage space isn't worth having. i personally will take it. I've also found a ton of good stuff in tents. sorry about your bad luck on that front.

taking the approach that "its not worth it" when it clearly is doesn't really work for me.

as for helicopter spawns. i don't give a shit how "random" they are. he was saying there's nothing to do. regardless of your hipster attitude towards it all these are all viable quests.

But no one actively pursues deer stands-- Not when a fire station or the NW airfield can almost consistently produce better results.

Crashed Helicopters are pretty common' date=' and you pretty much max out your character after one visit-- A bison and 6 mags (2 bizons, actually) and I went down into cherno and had a killing spree.

Other than crashed helicopters, there is no reason to go to anywhere but these 3 or 4 places (If you count berezino, which is just another big city with less people.)

Also, vehicles and tents are too inconsistent to safely store loot and items- It is better to just make a trip to a common helicopter crash site or the NW airfield than run up to a secluded tent and then back down.

Most people don't "just survive"- Its just too easy and boring.

[/quote']

if you had any balls, you would have had your killing spree up north where the kitted players are. you're the cause for your lack of excitement. i don't really waste my time hunting people that can't give me better gear.