Sign in to follow this  
DefectiveWater

Random chance to spawn dead infected

Posted (edited)

Currently, seeing dead infected indicates player presence. There should be a chance for the infected to spawn dead.

It would bring more uncertainty to the players because they wouldn't know if they are trailing a player or if it's just a game mechanic.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Hmm I have to disagree with this one, I don't think it's a bad thing that it indicates player presence, I like that when you roll up to a dangerous area and spot dead infected it's a real "oh shit" moment.

Even if it doesn't lead to you finding a player, just seeing dead infected or items like paper (from ammo boxes/seed packs etc) makes the world feel more lively. If anything I hope they add a few more mechanics like this, bring back empty food cans!! 🙂

What I'd prefer to see is the ability to drag dead infected so you can hide their bodies, maybe drag them into a container and lock the doors, or drag them away from buildings into the bushes. This way you can cover your tracks if you want but the trade off is that it'll be risky and take time, and there's still a chance for other players to find the bodies and know someone is nearby. I think that leads to much more interesting gameplay than spawning dead infected.

Right now we have the bury mechanic but it's very lame and restrictive (requires a shovel, for the infected to have died on grass, and forces you to stand still for ages) a dragging mechanic would be so much better in every way.

• Like 1