Sign in to follow this  
Brian Gateley

Do the devs even read these at all?

I ask because I have not read anything posted by anyone wanting back ground music. I have read post about wanting them to fix issues on the game that should not be issues in 2024

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

It seems that they aren't very invested in the game. My impression is that Bohemia Interactive primarily focuses on ArmA development and created DayZ mainly due to its financial success. It doesn't feel like they have a genuine passion for the game.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 2

Every company has the same reason to be here. Make money (no their meaning is not to satisfy everyone). No they do not prefer something which makes less money, cause it will cost them their company in the future. Both those games have their separate teams.

And about that "arent very interested in the game." Well few weeks ago there was a camp for many content creators made by BI, they even hired few modders there, they do blogs regularly, they are making patches and updates for 10y old game (which you had to pay for ONCE). I dont know buddy. I dont think they dont care. I think they are just not so big to be 24/7 on those forums. Ppl are complaining about the Frostline price, about the Livonia being free, etc. Still company made for profit, and kids are crying cause they do not have enough attention and they have to pay literally for thousands of hours of fun twice.

And about the issues which should not be in 2024 game: Well the engine is pretty old, they for sure are trying, they even fixed few of the most annoying bugs (ADS, etc). I really think they would make it perfect, if the code allowes them to do so. They made this clear many times. Unfortunately, Dayz has extremely complex and old engine which allows for many things you do not even realize in game, but also fixing one thing usualy messes with few other things. So conclusion: It is not they do not feel passion, or they do not want. It simply is extremely hard and to be honest, the game with its flaws is the best it ever was. Lets remember few years earlier, right?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Its a coin toss if they reply to the posts, people have been updating and discussing a certain post for over 2 years and not a single response from one of the devs but someone will make a post and their account will be 7 hours old and get a response immediately. I think the truth is the dev team is stupidly small for the popularity of the game and they need to hire more devs or just people to respond in the community, someone at DayZ needs to ask for more people to work on the game because this game is just  getting more popular and dev team isnt increasing. 

Hello,

we are very sorry if you feel about it this way. We care, but unfortunately, we are not able to keep track on everything on every DayZ's social media platforms. For example, our team that is tending to communication and taking care of the community consists right now of three people and one of them is me. I'm the one who usually responds to DMs sent to us on Instagram and Twitter, monitoring comments and in case that there is a valid question, that is not just a "fix your game" type of comment, I reply.
Another reason is, that I have to look for answers quite often as the range of questions and suggestions is pretty wide and sometimes it takes some time before I acquire the answer either from my colleagues or from our documentation.
We keep track of suggestions from the community and we have a list of these suggestions, the list is updated a few times a week because we are getting messages with suggestions very often, we want to keep those in mind for future decisions, but unfortunately, it is not as easy and fast as some people think it is and last but not least, we have a proverb for this in my country that goes like this "Na světě není člověk ten, aby se zavděčil lidem všem." in translation, You can't please everyone. The more people are in the community, the more opinions, wishes and demands are raised and it is simply not possible to make everyone happy, because it's not unusual, for these wishes and suggestions to collide, resulting in a kind of Sophie's choice situation.
As it was mentioned by Michael322, there are more than 5 DayZ modders who become part of the team and have been on the team for quite some time.
If you have any questions, suggestions, recommendations etc, please tag me in those. I'll be happy to assist you. It will show on my screen and I will read it and sort it out, or you can send me a DM either here on the forum, on Twitter or on Instagram.

I hope this shines a little bit of light on how are things behind the scenes. Feel free to reach out directly anytime, we don't bite. 😉

-Merropa

7 hours ago, merropa93 said:

Привіт,

нам дуже прикро, якщо ви так ставитеся до цього. Ми дбаємо про це, але, на жаль, ми не можемо відстежувати все на шкірній платформі соціальної мережі DayZ. Наприклад, наша команда, яка займається комунікацією та опікується спільнотою, зараз складається з трьох людей, і один із них – я. Зазвичай я відповідаю на DM, надсилаю нам в Instagram і Twitter, відслідкові коментарі, і якщо є правильне запитання, я відповідаю не просто на коментарі типу «виправ свою гру».
Інша причина полягає в тому, що мені достатньо часто шукати відповіді, залишити запитань і пропозицій досить широко, а іноді потрібен деякий час, перш ніж я отримаю відповідь або від свого колегу, або від нашого документа.
Ми відстежуємо пропозиції від спільноти, і у нас є список цих пропозицій, список інших кілька разів на тиждень, потім ми дуже часто отримуємо повідомлення з пропозицій, ми хочемо мати їх на увазі для майбутніх рішень, але, на жаль, це не так легко і швидко, як думають деякі люди, і останнє, але не менш важливо: у моїй країні для цього є прислів'я, яке звучить так: «Na světě není člověk ten, aby se zavděčil lidem všem». в перекладі, всім не догодиш. Чим більше людей у спільноті, тим більше вимагається думок, побажань і вимог, і просто неможливо зробити всіма щасливими, тому що нерідко ці побажання та пропозиції стикаються, що сталося до свого роду на фоні вибору Софі.
Як згадував Michael322, є більше 5 моддерів DayZ, які стали частиною команди та були в команді досить довго.
Якщо у вас є запитання, пропозиції, рекомендації тощо, вкажіть мене в них. Я буду радий вам допомагати. Це з'являється на моєму екрані, і я прочитаю його та розберу, або ви можете надіслати мені DM тут, на форумі, у Twitter чи Instagram.

Я сподіваюся, що це проливає трохи світла на те, як все відбувається за налаштуваннями. Не соромтеся зв'язуватися напрямком в будь-який час, ми не кусаємося.😉

-Мерропа

Hello dear, server DayZ EU - DE 1281 Online 6 days ago. The server suddenly shut down and is no longer working... other servers are working. Please deal with this ((( https://ibb.co/jzkFSkd