Sign in to follow this  
Retrospektington

Every server freezing on load Xbox SX

Question

I know a lot of people have been asking and posting about this, I don’t have an answer, but I can give you a breakdown of the events that lead to this. Been playing DayZ for years now, but recently upgraded my wifi to ATT All Fi, now I can’t get into any servers at all. No countdown, just immediate freeze on character start screen. I’ve done all of the methods for troubleshooting with no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, deleted and reinstalled accounts, tried alt accounts, restarted my router, hard reset the box, factory reset and reinstalled, I mean everything. So tonight I uninstalled the game, decided to see what would happen if I tried to use cloud gaming. ZERO ISSUES besides the horrible framerate. Normally I can get into a server and I’ll be immediately desynced from opening or doing anything, or I just freeze on load but somehow I was able to get in and play the game fine. I’m redownloading the game to see if it is fixed now or what the deal is with it, but this is an issue that I’ve seen on like 50 forums with no answer. Can this be fixed with a patch? My NAT type is open I’m ported in and every other game and service works, just not dayz. Need help ASAP

4 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Retrospektington said:

I know a lot of people have been asking and posting about this, I don’t have an answer, but I can give you a breakdown of the events that lead to this. Been playing DayZ for years now, but recently upgraded my wifi to ATT All Fi, now I can’t get into any servers at all. No countdown, just immediate freeze on character start screen. I’ve done all of the methods for troubleshooting with no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, deleted and reinstalled accounts, tried alt accounts, restarted my router, hard reset the box, factory reset and reinstalled, I mean everything. So tonight I uninstalled the game, decided to see what would happen if I tried to use cloud gaming. ZERO ISSUES besides the horrible framerate. Normally I can get into a server and I’ll be immediately desynced from opening or doing anything, or I just freeze on load but somehow I was able to get in and play the game fine. I’m redownloading the game to see if it is fixed now or what the deal is with it, but this is an issue that I’ve seen on like 50 forums with no answer. Can this be fixed with a patch? My NAT type is open I’m ported in and every other game and service works, just not dayz. Need help ASAP

Hi, it's hard to say from the given info. But please, check this page.
Our guess would be to either check/adjust your modem setup or contact your ISP to check/adjust it.
I hope it helps

Posted (edited)

I’ve already ported in, I’m using ATT All Fi Hub, you just have to select the port option and the device that needs it on the router page and it automatically fills out the rest, nothing wrong there as I said in my original post I’m already ported in with an open NAT. Also just a quick update, I redownloaded the game and it was freezing on load on every server again, so I deleted it and have been playing it thru cloud gaming which works fine just looks like shit. I don’t understand why it will let me play flawlessly on cloud gaming but I can’t just download the game and play it. Need a fix soon before I drop it for good.

Edited by Retrospektington
Update

15 hours ago, Retrospektington said:

I’ve already ported in, I’m using ATT All Fi Hub, you just have to select the port option and the device that needs it on the router page and it automatically fills out the rest, nothing wrong there as I said in my original post I’m already ported in with an open NAT. Also just a quick update, I redownloaded the game and it was freezing on load on every server again, so I deleted it and have been playing it thru cloud gaming which works fine just looks like shit. I don’t understand why it will let me play flawlessly on cloud gaming but I can’t just download the game and play it. Need a fix soon before I drop it for good.

The reason for that is because cloud gaming is a different computer in a different place connecting from a different location on a different network.
The fact you were able to play fine before you changed the network indicates that the issue is some place else and sadly there is not much we can do here beside recommending to contact your network provider.

I’ve already ported in, I’m using ATT All Fi Hub, you just have to select the port option and the device that needs it on the router page and it automatically fills out the rest, nothing wrong there as I said in my original post I’m already ported in with an open NAT. 

that being said, I have contacted our ISP they said our ping is unusually high in sitting between 45-100 ping depending on the time of day, every other game I have works, all of my other services work. There are a lot of people having this same problem on Series X, look around and read some other forums, check Reddit. People are confused, myself included.