NapalmVC

flagpoles

i've noticed on dayz base building is becoming a less and less viable option and i judging by the dayz reddit many other people seem to think it needs a drastic overhaul, if an overhaul did happen id like to see flag poles become of some more use, for instance building could be authorised and unauthorised in the flag radius, this could prevent people building watchtowers to get over walls, for example you and your friends want to build so you click X or F on a flagpole and fence kits, tents and other placeable items can be placed, you then finish and click F or X on the flagpole and the radius of the flag stops this from happening, this could also be applied to building and dismantling, there have been multiple occasions where my base has been breached or dismantled from within from swimmers or other glitches and i think the flag could be a way of stopping this or preventing it while also encouraging players to use this mechanic,

a second thought is a flagpole increases the durability of walls as currently it is pretty easy to raid, (i play xbox official), a base that can take weeks of construction can fall in minutes because of a 3-4 guys getting enough mid tier ammo and boom to get in