yoshimanitsu

Banned from US129 for shooting at admin

Used to play with the owner of the server and the clan for it and what not and I shot one of them (shot them once, and didn't even come close to killing them, nor was I trying to) at their camp so they banned me.

There was no "Why did you do that" or "your a dick" it was just perma ban.

If I'm not mistaken its against the rules to ban someone for killing someone.

At first, this didn't bother me. It's been bothering me though because they all know the rules of running a server as it's been discussed before and yet they intentionally broke the rules because I knew where their camp was, and they don't want to have to go out and get it all again

(even though that's the whole game)

(not that I was even going to do anything to them or their camp any way.)

The only proof I have of that this is true is that when I try to join their team speak I get the message in this picture.

Fucking bronies. Think they have rights. Burn them all, I say!

Fucking bronies. Think they have rights. Burn them all' date=' I say!

[/quote']

this.

That's the name of their team speak, so yeah. Bronies. Thats what it says when I try to connect to it though, because they banned me from their teamspeak too, and even listed the reason.

To be honest I was just trying to freak them out and accidentally shot one and logged off. I didn't know about that GUID shit though.

Yeah, only ONE of us is a bronie... The guy who bought the TS server. We can't change the name unfortunately.

We give him crap about it all the time....

Yeah' date=' only ONE of us is a bronie... The guy who bought the TS server. We can't change the name unfortunately.

We give him crap about it all the time....

[/quote']

Interesting how a password is on it.

Keep it up with the VIP attitude guys. Banning for arbitrary reasons, locking server for personal gain. Don't act surprised when that black list gavel slams down.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=29695

We would love to remove the password on our server' date=' but we are cleaning up the damage to our camp and vehicles from the hackers last night and this afternoon.

[/quote']

You do know you're not allowed to "clean up" on a locked/pw'ed server or kick people while doing right? (Concening the gameserver)

Blacklist I say....blacklist

Actually they should be blacklisted just for having the name bronie

Atleast they admit to actually locking the server to "clean up"

NOW ALL MIGTHY BANHAMMER, SMITE THY!

Gotta love DayZ. Hackers run rampant while the servers get blacklisted for trying to police it without the proper tools to do so.

Gotta love DayZ. Hackers run rampant while the servers get blacklisted for trying to police it without the proper tools to do so.

No they should be black listed for locking there server to give them time to rebuild there camp, get all of the cars/trucks etc, restock there weapons so they have the advantage.

All of which are clearly forbidden as listed below

"BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ."

We did nothing but get the parts required to fix vehicles that the hackers damaged, so we could relocate our camp. We lost our Military Offroad vehicle the night before and it has never respawned. They teleported to our vehicle locations and completely leveled the entire camp and surrounding areas. They spawned about 20 satchel charges. Stop speaking about things you know nothing about.

Why does this community think we must accept the illegitimate actions of hackers? Hackers by definition are illegitimate and anything they do does not count. Unless the developers rein in on these hackers, this game community will die as fast as it grew.

We did nothing but get the parts required to fix vehicles that the hackers damaged' date=' so we could relocate our camp.[/quote']...
Stop speaking about things you know nothing about.

FYI again: You are NOT allowed to lock your server for that, pw it or kick people while doing the above.

Your actions have nothing to do with hackers themselves. Everyone has to deal with damage dealt by hackers and you're not allowed to use your admin-priviliges to your advantage. If you want to relocate, do it in a live-game like everyone else.

The rules seem quite clear and yet the admins seem to think they are above the rules in certain situations.

first the rules are clear.

second how many do you think have died from hackers or got their whole inventory wiped out without ever getting a single thing back....hmmm hundreds?thousands?

Now please explain not to me but to this community what you find as a legitimate reason to lock your server and regain your thingys back.

It's this kind of behavior that is the reason I posted this, gHoffman you should not own a server on a game when you can't come close to abiding by the rules.

'' Hey, I've posted 62 posts on this here forum, I demand you to give me an explanation regarding your actions! ''

Seriously, why are you dudes even posting here? This thread pretty much consists of whiny, backseat admin retards (excluding those who are actually involved in the situation).

Funny how you post this form the same day the hackers came and were banned, Yoshi... You were banned like 2-3 weeks ago and finally decide hmm... interesting

Funny how you post this form the same day the hackers came and were banned' date=' Yoshi... You were banned like 2-3 weeks ago and finally decide hmm... interesting

[/quote']

Yes it's so interesting, that hackers probably saw my post and was like "Fuck some bronies" and goes off and shits on you