MrGreek

Something that I feel is necessary...

I dont see a problem with starting with a melee weapon. I dont think in real life I would have to look in a city full of zombies for a stick or a crowbar. Chances are you had a tool in your car that you took with you when you abandoned it. Starting players with a melee weapon should be a huge deal and I think its a great idea.

A good compromise might be to add a greater variety of melee weapons (golf clubs, meat cleavers, baseball bats, fireplace pokers, etc.) and make them spawn in more places. Some weapons could even double as tools (using the poker to keep fires going, for example).

EDIT: And if a random loadout system was implemented, you would have the chance to spawn with a weapon.

A good compromise might be to add a greater variety of melee weapons (golf clubs' date=' meat cleavers, baseball bats, fireplace pokers, etc.) and make them spawn in more places. Some weapons could even double as tools (using the poker to keep fires going, for example).

EDIT: And if a random loadout system was implemented, you would have the chance to spawn with a weapon.

[/quote']

Choice is good, random is bad.

i think login's idea is very well put together...though i dout that much work could be put into this game as the arma 2 engine probably couldnt handle half the stuff...but i have no clue :/

Choice is good' date=' random is bad.

[/quote']

As far as spawn locations and loadouts are concerned, I don't think choice is a good idea at all, no matter how bad the gear is. It should be up to the game to determine the quantity and type of gear you have in your inventory when you spawn. This could add an interesting element to the game, because if you spawned with a decent set of gear, you might be able to survive for some time without having to brave player and zombie-infested areas, but you would also be seen as a potential target by other players, whereas if you started with little to no supplies, you might not be perceived as a threat or a source of loot, but you would have to search for supplies, which carries its own risks.

I'm surprised by the reaction this topic got (from what I read) I couldn't agree more with the thread. I played when you started with a Mak it was much better. It doesn't remove the fun of finding an early weapon because you still have to find a primary or you won't survive long, other players will eventually just out gun you, but at least when you got into something too hot you had something to fire back at. I see where most of you are coming from, you dont need it for the Zeds and i agree, you can sneak by and ditch them, but i think for other players, you need a starting weapon. Only today I met a player after making it clear i was approaching and was unarmed. They waited until i was walking by and killed me. Dont get me wrong I had no choice (bleeding heavily and no bandages which were behind him) but still, had I started with a weapon I could have afforded to go to cherno hospital or somewhere with greater risk. I think starting with some low level firearm really needs to be brought back. most people out to survive would obtain some crude firearm quickly anyway

Just my thoughts anyway...

Edited by ViRaL_CaMpEr