Fotch187

Server freezes on load in xbox

Question

Good day everyone

Been playing dayz on Xbox for years and just recently started playing it again. Was playing for a few days on a community server called Ghost Town | PVP (also has “full cars” in description)

Made my way up to the city of Berezino and went to hit a zombie…game froze. Now here’s  the thing…the game froze but I could still move around the map no problem. Except I couldn’t hit the zombies (they stood in one place and didn’t move), I couldnt open or close doors, and I couldn’t pick up or drop anything. I also couldn’t put the weapon from my hand into inventory or replace the weapon with anything from my inventory either. I honestly thought server was resetting and that this would be fixed in a few mins. I was able to log in and out a few times last night but the world was still frozen each time I entered. I then ran around a bit and saw my blood and health getting low but I didn’t die. There was no cuts on the bottom bar or anything like that but blood went to red (pretty quickly too) and health stayed yellow. I logged for the evening and figured server would eventually reset by next day and even if I was dead by some crazy glitch I would log back in and we would be good to go again. Today I go to log in and it now freezes after the load in countdown and stays permanently on the blurred out main menu image that shows for the split second from countdown to where you begin actual gameplay (the image with the tanker boat on right, police car on left and character in middle). I can still access my friends list and all that from Center button and close out game etc. if I choose to while it is “frozen”…but game won’t “launch” and waited for upwards of 15 mins on one occasion to see if it just needed time

I have done all the standard steps to fix glitches on Xbox (I have a series X)

- I have done the alternate MAC address (that also resets console) 

- I have tried dashboarding and rebooting the game itself many times

- I have pressed the circle button in the middle of the controller and hit the restart console option (which restarted the console again)

- I have reset the modem / router

None of these things have fixed the hangup from countdown to gameplay…red bar fills about 25% and then it hitches 

Here is the extra kickers:

I can load into every other server I have tried both on community and official servers (zero problems loading into any other server but this one I am playing on)

I can also load into THIS server that’s “glitched”from an alt account (the same server I can’t get into with my main account)…game loaded in and ran fine from that account…that was a moment that really made me say huh?

No clue friends…any ideas how to fix this glitch and get my main to work again? There is no point of contact or a discord to hit server admin…figured I would try here and see if there is a workaround perhaps 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hope everyone’s day today is awesome and look forward to the feedback 

• Like 2

7 answers to this question

I created an account here to say I'm having the same issue. I've tried all of the OP's troubleshooting methods myself, including reinstalling the game to no avail. If I am able to get into a server I can play for about 10 minutes before this same process repeats itself. This is on official servers for my situation.

I am also having this exact same issue. I’ve tried it all and the server I want to be on doesn’t work. I can server hop to a different one then back on sometimes after a couple tries but the first thing I interact with outside my character glitches and I’m no longer able to interact with anything and if I leave the server to then get back on I’m presented with the frozen load screen again.

Same exact thing has been happening to me. I play on the series S. Haven't been able to Play for almost a week now.. I'm hoping the new update will fix this..

There is literally no fix for this. I've searched forums and reddit for solutions. NOTHING I resorted to making an account on here to see if someone had a solution to this also. Again, NOTHING

Same issue here on a new series x. Had no problems on my Xbox one s on the same internet, but now I just can’t play it. Fantastic

Been happening to me for almost 2 months now. Sick of it. Series X. 

Same here.   I have a Xbox one original and series.  Happens on both consoles only on particular servers.  I've noticed if its a server Infrequent regularly it will eventually start having the issue.  

Occasionally it will allow me to load in if I use a different profile.  It's hit or miss but know it seems like it.  Very frustrating.