Excluded

Surviving the first day

Hey,

i've played this epic game for 2 days but everytime i play it, it seems like its impossible to get a gun, water or food before any of those kill me one way or another. When i look in small towns i have a hard time not getting zombies after me and when they're not after me, and i reach a house, there is just cans. I've also tried the main cities but my problems with the small towns are still there, only they get bigger!

If anyone would have some tips on scavenging the first day that would be greatly appreciated, thanks. (sorry for my somewhat bad english)

So true. The only things in those small towns are cans and road flares... You'd expect one citizen to be paranoid enough to have a gun or two before they got turned! ^.^

well if your just talking about surviving, i prefer using the hatchet in pve. i'd be more confident in it if it wasn't for the whole "get punched in face by zombie, break legs" thing, but still.

And how exactly should i get one of these hatchets?

well i just started myself two days ago so i don't know much, but hatchets are definitely very common. you should find atleast 1 per town.

i have a hard time looting cities too, i have been trying to figure out the sight and ear range of them. once they get on me i cant shake them off they follow me till i decide starting a new game is better than getting chased. i looted a gun on the railroad track from someones pack and i was immediately killed.

The thing is tho' date=' i have a hard time lootiing cities :3

[/quote']

The first hurdle is the highest and you will need a bit of luck but knowing where to look helps.

Something I have had some success with.

Try to grab a few empty cans wherever you get the opportunity and use them to distract zombies away from barns in the countryside.

Barns have a good chance to spawn a hatchet, shotgun and a bunch of other basic equipment.

Learn your surroundings, use an online map until you get an ingame one. These help me when im starting out with a fresh character.

http://dayzdb.com/map#3.060.023

http://www.dayzmap.info

In the beginning, try to hit up a hospital for morphine since broken legs are so common. Blood bags are only useful if you have a friend to do a transfuse on you. Next check residential areas for food/drink/handgun. Next try a barn for a shotty/winchester. Next do the deerstands for automatics. Finally do a Airport/Military barracks for the really good stuff. Also you should not be so scared of dying when you make a fresh character. Worst case scenario, you die and respawn to try again. No loss really. For me it starts getting really tense when I start getting respectable gear.