DRIPIKI

Appeal to the developers regarding the next update 1.25

Hello dear game developers!
In this post I want to address the developers and suggest what players want to see.

Let's start with the most important thing that discourages us from playing this wonderful game.
Machines that are very lag and this must be urgently dealt with!
- Construction update, since almost any mod will be better than vannila building.
- Adding new weapons of EUROPEAN origin, since there are too many weapons of Russian origin, even those that have not been used anywhere, I would also like to rebalance the weapons in the chemical zone and add lethal caliber weapons there (move the M4A1 to Tisy), since the only NATO weapon on ordinary military units is the M16, which, to put it mildly, is not very popular community, or make it so that you can put a scope on it and it becomes a little better, but this does not negate the fact that there are too few NATO weapons on military installations.
- Adding normal long-range and short-range sights, since there are absolutely not enough of them, X6 for NATO and PSO-1 for Russian weapons are too few, thereby DMR and SVD lose their meaning (SVD is even more so since PSO X4)
- A slight change in the colors of the body armor, since the sand body armor does not fit in on the green map, to put it mildly.
- Very stupid AI For zombies and more, it needs to be fixed urgently!
I'm tired of waiting months for updates and receiving a couple of new items and fixes from previous updates, I would like to see more productivity from the developers.
I hope for your understanding and thank you in advance!

• Like 4
  • Beans 1

Don't forget the amount of lag the Console version has. A majority of my deaths was from lag. I go by car more often since I'm less likely to die from lag spikes. Oh yeah, the bouncing cars need fixing too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I honestly agree wholeheartedly, I’m a big pvp guy throughout the community servers on console and I’ll be the firs to say that the community servers are what is keeping console dayz alive. I’ve talked to hundreds of people to see what they would like to see come to dayz, many people have asked for new weapons such as better snipers of military origin instead of our wood stocked hunting rifles, we are lacking a NATO big caliber sniper rifle and no I’m not talking about a .50cal I truly don’t want a .50 on console dayz unless we receive higher tier armor. For the caliber of sniper that would fit perfectly for nato would be a .300 Win Mag and or a .338 Lapua we have enough rifles in the game that use .308:/…… next thing would be scopes as was mentioned in the post I’m commenting on, I would really like to see an actual long range military scope that would allow our “long range precision rifles” such as the DMR, and LAR. I truly think a dual zoom 4x-8x would be completely balanced and make the community happy, and what I mean by happy is you give us these weapons that have high damage retention over range and or the ability to zero in a 1000m but we aren’t even able to see something that far away with the scopes we have. The fact that the DMR can range to 1100 with its iron sights and 300 less with the biggest scope we have appalls me, next we come to suppressors, we have military weapons such as the DMR and the LAR that are realistically capable of running suppressors, if we were able to have a new type of suppressor; example being (Heavy Suppressor) that only can be attached to heavier caliber military weapons, along with balancing purposes it should be a 5 slot item because it would be bigger than the suppressors we currently have. I will say DayZ is truly an amazing game and I love playing it but waiting for the things we want in the game is causing a lot of players to leave, adding one weapon every six months is tiresome, if Bohemia was to drop a new dlc with a new map and have a assortment of new gear items for the community to use and be completely content with so that the developers have plenty of time to work and perfect the next upcoming updates, I believe doing an update of this sort would bring back a lot of players because they’ll feel like you all still care about the console DayZ community. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The 2 biggest factors that cause lag in this game are #1, insufficient internet speed and #2, if playing on an older console (such as Xbox One S/X) and a third (and most likely) is Wi-Fi connection of your console. DayZ is an EXTREME data-hog game and there is so much data uploading/downloading when playing. Wi-Fi connections are not really meant for gaming or at the least, games of DayZ caliber. Wi-Fi is fine for small simple games, streaming video or surfing the web but really shouldn't be used for games that involve muli-player, fast reactions and character abilities - you CAN'T build a fire, repair clothing or some items/weapons, build bases, cut logs/planks in many "action" games like C.O.D., Ghost Recon or similar games... DayZ is a truly different game altogether and understanding that can help you play this game better and with fewer issues.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/13/2024 at 5:01 AM, Dennis F said:

The 2 biggest factors that cause lag in this game are #1, insufficient internet speed and #2, if playing on an older console (such as Xbox One S/X) and a third (and most likely) is Wi-Fi connection of your console. DayZ is an EXTREME data-hog game and there is so much data uploading/downloading when playing. Wi-Fi connections are not really meant for gaming or at the least, games of DayZ caliber. Wi-Fi is fine for small simple games, streaming video or surfing the web but really shouldn't be used for games that involve muli-player, fast reactions and character abilities - you CAN'T build a fire, repair clothing or some items/weapons, build bases, cut logs/planks in many "action" games like C.O.D., Ghost Recon or similar games... DayZ is a truly different game altogether and understanding that can help you play this game better and with fewer issues.

While this is true, people can alwys report here and we can investigate their case to make sure.👍

All spot on mate. I hope they see this, they need to.

Pretty good summary of what the community keeps asking for.

More guns, attachments, clothes, and armor.

Better zombies.

They need to listen to the community more or engage with them. They have an absolute gem of a game I hope they see the value of before they kill it.

Console has a huge audience of people you wouldn't expect to enjoy DayZ but do because of the feelings/interactions it gives that aren't replicated anywhere else. Hopefully they see that and know it is good as is, it just needs a little more.