Hello Bohemia, I have a problem, I was given a VAC BAN When I didn't play for almost 2 weeks, I want to appeal the account because I didn't break the rules. I do not even know why I was blocked, I played for fun without any third-party programs. I always played with the anti-cheat "Battleye" turned on. There was one time when I tried to log in without it, then I didn't know what it was, was that why I was blocked? In general, I do not know what to do in this situation, here is my steam account https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199039232780/ I hope for the best.

On 1/15/2024 at 6:21 PM, kanadqa said:

Hello Bohemia, I have a problem, I was given a VAC BAN When I didn't play for almost 2 weeks, I want to appeal the account because I didn't break the rules. I do not even know why I was blocked, I played for fun without any third-party programs. I always played with the anti-cheat "Battleye" turned on. There was one time when I tried to log in without it, then I didn't know what it was, was that why I was blocked? In general, I do not know what to do in this situation, here is my steam account https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199039232780/ I hope for the best.

They will just point the finger at BattleEye, they won't help you and BattleEye will likely just redirect you to them. Neither of them claim any responsibility. I received a random ban at some point while I was offline awhile back and logged in the following morning to find my account had been banned with no explanation, it's been a forever circle jerk ever since and they give you no reason as to why. I've got over 2000 hours on the game and I've had it for a literal decade to just suddenly be randomly banned from it and have no recourse. 

On 1/17/2024 at 5:49 PM, Enclave21 said:

They will just point the finger at BattleEye, they won't help you and BattleEye will likely just redirect you to them. Neither of them claim any responsibility. I received a random ban at some point while I was offline awhile back and logged in the following morning to find my account had been banned with no explanation, it's been a forever circle jerk ever since and they give you no reason as to why. I've got over 2000 hours on the game and I've had it for a literal decade to just suddenly be randomly banned from it and have no recourse. 

Hi, what should I do? Where should I contact? This is my first time in such a situation and I don't know what to do

1 hour ago, kanadqa said:

Hi, what should I do? Where should I contact? This is my first time in such a situation and I don't know what to do

Lol well I can't advise you on what to do, as I'm currently still trying to figure that out. However it's looking like you just got screwed and they don't care so there's nothing that can be done. I figured out I have an In-game ban only but still they won't help. I've never figured out why I got banned, it was never explained and they won't tell you why. I think its funny that people would even hack on that game as it's already easy and the whole point of it is to just run inland, get gear, kill and or die, then repeat. So cheating on it would completely remove any point of playing on it. I'm also a firm believer in hardcore survival, so I actually enjoyed more difficult servers. The fact though is that having over 2000 hours on the game and I suddenly get banned for what I'm assuming was some false positive by BattleEye, I mean I've had it for 10+ years so if I was cheating that would make them look incredibly stupid and incompetent for allowing it to go on for so long. I've never actually cheated on a game though cause most games these days are just way too easy as is.