t0et0e

[Private Database] legal?

I have been seeing more and more servers running their own databases, and i was wondering how is this possible and are they here to stay?

I have n't joined any yet as I can't see any point if the dev's are going to come along next week and remove them.

Just curious as they could be the solution to rockets anti-clan stance, as well if we made a server, we wouldn't ever leave it! and i am sure alot of other clans would do the same.

thus removing large groups of murders from pub'ers

Things to consider:-

Hackers are becoming more prevalent in public games ie mass killings

Clan justice can be harsh and swift, but it is always self contained to their server, so if you screw up, you have to go elsewhere, but you have n't looted an armies worth of kit to take with you...simple.

Though the dev's have their own ideas about how this mod should be played, sorry to say, alot have other ideas, situations and operating standards to consider, like cost of a public server vs private (usually they contain password in name anyway) or having clan nights, where it is invitation only,

there are bad clans out there just like bad ppl, but some clans are very respected and fair, they often have their rules that if not followed are enforced, as admins for clans are much more present, effective and experienced....unlike the horde of noobs that are paying for over-priced servers and can't even set them up yet

*rant*

I guess the main point is

alot of the problems happening across all servers are happening as a result of secular players having to mix with random's

xbox realised this before the days of 8 man chat parties,

end of the day, when i finally get a home server i can look back and laugh about the countless times i was air-dropped and killed, or razor wired out of a hospital whilst dying

Asking whether it is legal according to your specific country's law?

Of course it is.

Asking whether it is "legal" according to DayZ rules or if it is even moral (Rocket created this, respect his rules.)

No.

i ment legal in terms of rules of a host,

i have n't yet seen the copy right stamps for it to become an actual legal issue

My 2 cents... i requested to host a dayz server.. i waited weeks and had no reply, so i thought to myself "i know ill find a way to make my own dayz server"

Thus i now host my own local server open to the public that has its own database, it works exactly like the official mod...

I even have Battle Eye enabled

We have a few friendly regulars who actually work together as a team..

The odd lone sniper adds to the fun... its great.

If you ever want to try it out look for - " Dayz - UK Wales "

Edit... oh and i also make backups of the database etc just in case we get a hacker that wants to fuck it up for everyone.