Spyder001 (DayZ)

Game Mechanics unlike most other games?

Hello all,

I've been attempting to play this game for the last 3 days. All I have succeeded in doing up to this point is die about 5 different times at the starting beaches, (which I think are on the South coast?) and I am colorfully referring to them as the Beaches of Normandy. During these trying times I was attempting to understand the controls and the slightly lagged feel of body movement to button pushing that I guess is suppose to mimic it's "real life" counterpart of me apparently having the same body coordination of a 3 year old toddler. I think the game may have also been glitching looking back because also my mouse look was stuck on forward and I couldn't turn. I decided screw it and took a full on sprint through a town and ended up being hounded by about 20 zombies and what I assume were people watching me through the bushes and giggling to themselves at my complete lack of zombie survival skills.

I ended up finally surviving for a moment after belly crawling my way into a nearby factory and finding a small room in which to crouch and hide and try my skills at looking in my inventory and pecking up random cans and bottle and even some spare parts to a helicopter. After attempting to use any items,(and doing a thorough review of the controls options), I had gotten no further but managed to throw a bottle into the ground smashing what I assume was Jack Daniels and immediately summoning a zombie from some unknown place who teleported through the door and started eating my face, after being uncomfortably gnawed on for awhile, taking the lesson from before not to run anywhere lest I summoned more zombies, I killed myself finding that I had absolutely no way of fighting back.

I then signed in again and took a moment near the ocean, (which drops my body temperature), taking a moment to stretch out my uncoordinated toddler legs and figure out how to slowly react to crouching running etc.

Day 3: Fuck it, the next day I ran uphill and inland. found a total of 3 houses with no access and nothing nearby to use and then "strolled" around the country side without a map or weapon until I finally attracted another zombie, but since I had no way of fighting him and was getting tired of running over aimless plainsland/forest. He slowly ate me and I just ran until my blood let out.

I spawn again and attempt to go near some sort of harbor, I am carefully and excited that I might finally get some loot. I am sorely disappointed that zombies are crawling over the entrances and seeing as I have no way to fight them or get near them without being noticed shed a tear and look for another place to hang my weary head. I find a small home nearby but as soon as i get close the door I hear an angry zombie attempting to teleport outside and eat my entrails. I slowly back away and he teleports through a wall and eats my face as his buddies hear the feeding frenzy and come over to begin snapping my bones and sinew as I SLOWLY crawled away hoping to have Someone ANYone save me and what was left of my mangled body.

I spawn this time near an island of sorts, looking of a small farming community. There is a man seemingly hopping around on his knees and I think to myself, "SALVATION!" another human who perhaps can show me the way or give me even a small feeling of human companionship. As I close the distance between us a horrified look crosses my face as I realize the hopping I was mistaking for someone crouching and moving was not in fact a glitch, but the uncoordinated shamblings of a zombie in crouch mode who them proceeded to chase me and catch me near a house trying to get inside, (no access), as I slowly was bleed out bones broken wondering when the fun starts.

I have yet to find anything I would consider useful. Or find any other signs of human existence with the exception of watching their deaths pop up on my screen as I wonder where this invisible battle is being staged. I hear of these bandits, have met none, and even some helpful characters, but am left wandering the cold wondering if I will any find any respite in this horribly cruel world. I feel as though I am not being rewarded for my diligence. I find a strange satisfaction in small victories seeing as there are no weapons or anything else to entertain me. Getting close to a zombie, or finding a new building. Or vaguely remembering where I even am. But these seems very small victories indeed.

Certainly this is like no game I have ever played before and it makes no excuses for ramming its zombie dick right up your asshole.

try to get through the first bootcamp mission in Arma 2

I don't think its too much to ask that I could have the ability to use my FISTS to pound a zombie in the face. I think at least then I could stand some sort of chance. I don't know non-violent solutions