DayZHunter

Players - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Hi, I was wondering how often do you actually come across a friendly player that will actually help you? Currently I'm fainting all the time due to low blood and there's no way I can go into a city to ask players to give me a hand or I'll just get looted for my stuff. Seriously, I don't think people know how to live and let live haha... What are your thoughts on this?

Yes, the most player kill on sight, me too because it is too dangerous. I had to bad expirience, when I was new I asked everytime "Friendly?" and get shoot... you learn from mistakes.

But there is stille hope, today I walked through a forest, with my DMR, M4 and other good stuff, I was offguard and then someone said "Dont move or I shoot". He could have killed me, but he didn't...

I will always try and give the player a chance... For example, today I was roaming the factory outside cherno and a player was there so I got into a position where I would have the upperhand if he'd shoot and I used Direct Comms to ask him if he's hostile... He didn't reply but he dropped his makarov! So I looted what I needed from the area and left him... I have been helped out by a strong player before and that's the only time in like a hundred other times which I've been killed!

Today i raided electro with 2 guys i just met, sadly the german one died in 3 minutes because he ran arround like a goddamn idiot. The other one also died soon after. First time with randoms, i guess this will also be the last.

Certain places are considered PvP hot-spots and should be looked at as Kill On Sight while within the borders of places like Churno, Elektro and the NW Airfield. I've also noticed some servers are friendlier than others, keep an eye out for Regular and Recruit servers as opposed to Veteran or Expert.

There are few to no actual friendly players. If you meet another player, expect to be shot. I, personally would be more than happy to help people out that are in trouble, because that is the kind of role I would take on in the event of a catastrophic event as depicted in DayZ. However, because every dumb fuck has a shoot on sight mentality.....it has become "necessary" for even those who would not think like that to do so as well just to survive. You can't even play the role of a search and rescue team because everyone is looked at as an enemy.

You'll have better luck trying to find a hunting knife, a hatchet and matches. Then you can go kill an animal, cook it and eat the meant which will restore 800 blood for each piece you eat.

Is this bullshit? Yep. Will it change? Who knows...... DayZ, right now is NOT what it should be.

Consider that a public service announcement and keep your head down.

Phienyx, I agree. In a real zombie apocalypse would everyone just turn against each other? The enemy lingers in the cities and we should team up to face them not fight within our own ranks! Although having said all this, I do believe it's better to just find a community to play with or get help from. Earlier I did some research on the forum and found a list of dedicated medics, added one on Steam, asked for help and sure as hell I received it! He came to me in the dead of night and actually gave me some medsupplies and off he went... That's the kind of community DayZ should have! I suppose it does make it pretty intense though when you're bricking it thinking someone could take your head off with a sniper at any moment so it does keep you vigilant!

Don't get me wrong. I am not against the feeling of having to be on guard against other players, but not almost EVERYONE you meet is not going to gun you down because you're alive. DayZ is no where near that sweet spot yet for bringing that whole situation into line with what it would/should be.

I ran into a guy near the beach the other day. We both called out friendly and tried to work together. He had an axe, I had nothing. He said he wanted to help me find an axe but a minute later he was swamped by zombies and died a horrible death. I felt bad for my two minute friendly survivor buddy but I did get an axe. I tried to bury his body as a sign of respect.

That about sums up my experience with friendlies after a week. Everyone else tried to kill me or dump their zombie trains on me.