Liman21

Copyright strike cheat videos on YouTube

Hello,

im running a dayz server and we have been batteling cheaters lately a lot more than usual. I talked with 3 guys, that applied to be unbanned and they confirmed that they cheat and were sorry about it. Pesky cheaters!

All 3 of them found cheats randomly on YouTube. I looked it up myself and there are countless of advertising cheat videos on youtube by big, branded channels with the sole purpose to promote such cheats, with thousands of views.

The Finals, a different game, was very eagar to delete all cheat videos from youtube. Why is Bohemia not copyright striking the large channels advertising such cheats to a bigger audience? Sure they might move to other plattforms, but YouTube is a far larger community.

Can provide a mod with some links if needed.

Found this gem in one of the videos description:

Disclaimer: In accordance with the Youtube policy on Circumvention of Technological Measures, the software's interface is not displayed in the video, nor is the proper software name shown in the video or description. It also does not feature any way to obtain any software, legitimately or illegitimately. The use of this software is meant for non-official community servers, which does not evade the licensing protocol nor does it break the Terms of Service of the game.

I'm guessing its time to update the TOS first, then Bohemia can take action. Either way though, this won't make the cheating problem much better, what this game needs are built in anti-cheat measures.

Bohemia's games now have quite a cheater issue in general. To be honest, all games using, and only using Battleye in 2023, even the last few years have had quite a cheater problem in comparison to other titles using other anti cheats.

Easy Anti Cheat has proven to be far more effective than Battleye now. If Bohemia takes cheating seriously, they would either move on from Battleye, or bring East Anti Cheat or some other actual effect anti cheat measure to their game. They had a boost in players since COVID. Now is the perfect time to dedicate some resources to banishing cheaters. Slow down the content patches and address the biggest issue with their titles. This would be the best quality of life addition they could make for the present and future.

• Like 1