Sign in to follow this  
clickptg

FPS drops since update

Hello, im with a ryzen5 5600, rx 7600, nvme 1tb ssd  and 2x8gb ram 3200mhz and i notice i have a low FPS since update, its only me or happen to you too guys?

My settings its Fullscreen 1080x1920, vsync off and everything low, i get between 50 and 170 fps, most part in the citys its 50 and open space 170 or more, and in the new NWAF if i look to the side of airport my fps drops to 60 or less and looking for the other side the fps become to normal.

If you head over to the AMD forums you'll see that many users are reporting issues with AMD GPU's and DayZ. I recently bought a 6700 xt because my old 1070 died (rip) and I was excited to play DayZ with a new and stronger GPU. My happiness was short-lived as I quickly discovered the game ran worse than it did with my 1070. It's like the GPU doesn't recognize DayZ as a game and the GPU utulization varies between low 10's up to 99. While in the forest the GPU is alive with spinning fans and high GPU utilization hits 95-99% but once you go near a city the GPU decides to go to sleep or something and the game gets borderline unplayable. From over 200 FPS down to 50-70 👍 If I change the overall settings to poor the game works alright but then I can't see through windows beyond like 20-30m or something (it's a short distance) which is awful, so I raise the texture quality but then performance drops..

Maybe your game runs fine now idk but what you're describing is a reality for many many AMD GPU DayZ players and has been for a long time. I'm gonna sell this piece of crap GPU and never EVER buy another AMD GPU again.

Edited by Marshall-aca44d8c36a867d8
Grammar

yeah, i already sell the PC and buy another with r7 5700g, rtx 3060ti and run much better. Its sad the dayz or amd doesnt work to fix that problem.

14 hours ago, clickptg said:

yeah, i already sell the PC and buy another with r7 5700g, rtx 3060ti and run much better. Its sad the dayz or amd doesnt work to fix that problem.

Yeah it really is sad. I've heard it might be an issue with DX 11.1 and AMD cards, but I ain't no expert.

Friend of mine bought an RX7600 and he gets abysmal performance (10-30% GPU usage and around 20-30 FPS). My RX580 beats it by like 300% (it's not affected by the issue as only the newer AMD cards suffer from issues).

There was a driver patch like 2 years ago that apprently fixed some cases but it clearly didn't fix all.

Would love to hear more info about this from the devs, what is causing this awful performance on AMD cards? what can the players do to help the devs fix the issue?