Sign in to follow this  
ATwig

A Few Beginner Questions

Hey guys!

Over the weekend my friend showed me this mod and yesterday I decided to try it. I LOVE IT!

But I have a couple questions that I for the life of me could not figure out:

1: I came across an ALICE pack (Subsequently shrieked like a giddy schoolgirl) but then for the life of me could not figure out how to pick it up... So how does one pick up a new pack.

(1.5) During the process of trying to figure out 1 I dropped my starter pack (Thinking that I could now pick up the ALICE pack) and now have no pack due to my inability to pick them up... :(

2: I came across a recently deceased player (watched him get ripped apart by zombies) and when I went to mourn his loss/ransack everything useful I was only able to access his pack and could not see the items on his person (Eg: His pistol and his food/canteen)

3: Is there an easy way to identify which buildings I can search through without having to check the doors? (Or is this just something I'll pick up with time)

4: Does "blood" (hp?) increase over time up to the starting max? (I took a couple hits and am around 8,900)

Thanks!

1. Usually you can scroll wheel and click "Take Alice Pack" It sometimes deletes your old, so put your things in the pack before taking it! If it doesn't show up, give it ten seconds because dropped packs have a time limit on when you can pick them up.

1.5: It happens :V Sadly...

2. Did you look into his pack instead of clicking Gear?

3. Normally yes, sometimes the windows will be transparent and you can see the inside. This is not a guarantee though.

4. Not that I know of, the only way to regain blood is by eating or a blood transfusion. (Cans give 200, cooked meat gives 800.)

4. Not that I know of' date=' the only way to regain blood is by eating or [b']a blood transfusion. (Cans give 200, cooked meat gives 800.)

4b. *A blood transfusion, only available to you via another player giving you a transfusion, will restore you to max. blood (currently 12000)

When looting a corpse or item pile, hover over it until a green icon appears in the centre of your screen and press G. Do not use your action menu. I believe you'll also be granted access to items from the a dead survivor's backpack (wait, can we call them a survivor if they're dead?) from this same screen as long as it's on their corpse.

If you want to pick up a backpack, hover over it until a green icon appears in the centre of your screen, roll your mousewheel to bring up the action menu, and select the appropriate pickup action.

1. Usually you can scroll wheel and click "Take Alice Pack" It sometimes deletes your old' date=' so put your things in the pack before taking it! If it doesn't show up, give it ten seconds because dropped packs have a time limit on when you can pick them up.

1.5: It happens :V Sadly...

2. Did you look into his pack instead of clicking Gear?

3. Normally yes, sometimes the windows will be transparent and you can see the inside. This is not a guarantee though.

4. Not that I know of, the only way to regain blood is by eating or a blood transfusion. (Cans give 200, cooked meat gives 800.)

[/quote']

Thanks for the quick response!

For 2: I did click on gear and his pack was the only thing I could look into. Maybe it was just a quirk. I have yet to come across another body but I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything correctly in case I happen upon a more well off corpse than I.