Sign in to follow this  
heminized

Save issues?

Just looking for some feedback. This is not a gripe thread.

Want to see if others are experiencing this. Since the latest patch I have had very sporadic save issues. Basically when I log out, logging back in later seems to produce very unappreciable results.

It can vary from missing equipment and weapons to complete different location on the map. (Too include many popular starting locations.) Sometimes I’ll be fully geared and start at the ocean, sometimes I’ll be missing my main weapon and other goodies and be in the general area where I logged. Once I even had a complete different main weapon.

Anyway, just wanted to see if others are getting this same type of behavior. Again not a gripe…Also I am waiting for the debug to state “unsaved = false.”

Thanks for the feedback and see ya on the battlefield

I never experienced any of this until I left it about 2 days, I came on and found myself at a farmiliar starting position near Cherno and Electro, I had to eat/drink then run up north now i've logged out somewhere safer yet it's still irritating, placed me quite far away from my group and now I have to walk back that takes a good portion of time, not to mention having to find food on the way now as my group carried more than I.

This was just recently.

Last patch reset a lot of peoples locations so they end up on the beach again, so that's probably what happened.

I have noticed games not saving tho. After leaving a server after 2 hours of playing I log back in at the same place I had started at the previous session and had the same old items.

Yea me and a friend had this happen twice now.

We played for an hour or so, and then found out the next day we where reset.

Also once we got trapped and killed by loads of zombie's we logged out and the next day i found my self alive and well with all my stuff in the hallway of that building.

This tends to be an issue with the HIVE running on the server, if the hive disconnects or locks up for a time , then nothing happening on the server is saved to the db, I have had a few times now where the hive has stopped working on my server and i have not noticed for 20 mins , upon server restart everyone is back where they were 20 mins prior. Its a known issue, and i have found that by restarting the HIVE on the fly and leaving the arma server running you can get it to start saving again. But ultimately a server restart is needed.

Just chiming in to say this happened to me again tonight. After the start location reset earlier today I spent 2 hrs working my way North carefully gathering gear and building my character. When I logged out my character status wasn't saved correctly. My position and gear were reset back to where I was at the start of the session. Bummer :( This was on the Texas 2 server if it makes any difference. Is this just a server admin issues that requires frequent restarts? Does anyone have any recommendations for servers that more reliably save character data?

-skody

I have experienced the so-called rollback every spawn in the last few days... EXCEPT for one time today, where I changed my spawn. I now resort to only that spawn when I die/log off :( Please fix this asap devs, it really sucks when you spend a lot of time playing only to rollback..

Not griping, just keeps setting me back :P