Sign in to follow this  
catch_22

Bought Combined Operations on Steam, I think I messed up... help

So I bought combined operations on steam so I could enjoy some DayZ after much anticipation.

The thing is, my internet is really terrible and I wanted to play before work today, so I cancelled the installation of Arma 2, seeing as I had the free version and read you can use the free version.

This is when it all goes downhill. After the 12 hours it took to install, Arrowhead wouldn't start, the error said an addon was missing from ARMA 2. Then I realized it wanted ARMA 2 installed on steam, so I moved the addon folder from the free version to ARMA 2 into the unfinished steam ARMA 2 folder, and hell yes, Operation Arrowhead would start.

I played some single player, then quit to install DayZ.

I used this guide: http://kodabar.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-install-dayz-with-arma-2-free.html.

Now, when I get to the install beta patch part, it gives me an error message saying "Invalid CD Key" and it doesn't install the beta patch. Am I screwed? Do I have to start ALL over and download ARMA 2? I'm going out of town tomorrow and I feel like exploding with anger. Nothing seems to work out when I try and do this stuff. All I want to do is play the damn game.

Thanks for your help ahead of time. Im going to spend another hour trying to figure this out then just give up.