GordonRamsay

The most common exploit in the game

The most common exploit used in the game, without a doubt in my mind, is d/c-ing to avoid zombie aggro. This exploit is possibly the most frustrating when used against other players, d/c-ing or alt f4 to avoid dying and being looted by your murderer. However far and away it is used against zombies.

The no weapon change is cute, but what good does it do when I can spawn elektro run flat out to the firestation and dc next to a gun only to log back in and start the game as tho it were 1.7.

The solution to this problem seems very simple to me. Put a timer on dc-ing. 20-30 seconds before it actually logs you out and 90% of the exploiting immediately stops. You could go further and flag characters who have fired their gun/taken damage/in any negative combat status/have zombie aggro to not even be able to log out until they are unflagged, but that seems to me too much work where a timer would decrease the problem down to almost nothing. Give us a log off timer Rocket! :)

False, the most common exploit is logging off with a half empty magazine.

Everyone does it and is unavoidable.

False' date=' the most common exploit is logging off with a half empty magazine.

[/quote']

Nope. Server hopping. I don't even use magazines. Think about it.

False' date=' the most common exploit is logging off with a half empty magazine.

[/quote']

It is also unintentional most of the time and doesn't have a large effect on gameplay, so while the magazine exploit may be more common, it is irrelevant to the conversation.

As to the issue of server hopping, I think a timer is just about the only way to discourage it, short of finding a way to track people's sing-in behavior and banning them. I don't even think that's possible though.

Just put code into game that if you Alt-F4 it sends message to kill the player then youll have one less method to quick exit

This ^, make Alt-F4 an unbindable key ingame that kills your character, any one foolish enough to press it, have fun losing your gear. For the people actually disconnecting and not Alt-F4'ing, I support the timer. Make a 20-30 second timer, where your character is still sitting there, and able to be killed and looted. For the magazine thing, I think that all magazines that are NOT full, should disappear when you log off. So either use up that extra 4 bullets, or they wont be their when you log in next.

+1

GordonRamsay's proposal of "flagged" player with aggro would be great. But as he said, seems like much work for the devs.

Watch out, the Post Police are a million strong on this forum.