Actually, i use the free version from steam and a paid version from same.

It works. I enjoy the game. However i will agree the graphics is worse and all that.

Sorry about my rage. My extremely strong sense of justice got a hold of me.

I will still call you a clownfish for being a pirate.

What do you mean with the CD versions' date=' you got the game onto the cd and not on steam?

[/quote']

Yep :D back when it was first released I got it in a packaged box with both CD's and I got both keys and when I installed it put them together as CO. Loved it...

Actually' date=' i use the free version from steam and a paid version from same.

It works. I enjoy the game. However i will agree the graphics is worse and all that.

Sorry about my rage. My extremely strong sense of justice got a hold of me.

I will still call you a clownfish for being a pirate.

[/quote']

Haha I can agree with you on that one. But it's cool man.

Dear OP;

I run DayZ via Steam, download Arma2 Free and purchase Operation Arrowhead. For ease of installation go onto steam marketplace and download both of these games, Arma2 Free is listed under the demo version of Arma 2 so ensure your downloading the correct one.

Use this as an installation guide;

http://kodabar.blogspot.dk/2012/05/how-to-install-dayz-with-arma-2-free.html

Happy Hunting.

Thinkpostive when i got the CD version it was 49.96 USD for Combined Ops :)

Hang about OA stand alone is £15 on steam at the moment but you can buy Combined Ops from direct from BIS for the same price...no brainer really if you dont wanna wait for sales!

Yeah I'm sure they are great but i wasnt going to wait like 2 years for these deals. I got the game when CO hit the Market in a CD package deal.

Are you sure that I don't need to buy ARMA II: Combined Operations for DayZ?

I cannot fucking stand it when someone makes a thread asking how to do something and refuses to just accept the answers he's been given as he grills people over and over about things that have already been answered. Is it just that you don't believe these people or what? they answered your question at least 4 times prior to this post. Quit being so dense. Its making me want to punch a baby.

Your question has been answered numerous times. Easiest way is just pony up the $30 (or Euro equivalent) and buy it off steam.

Don't make it complicated.

Closed.