Sign in to follow this  
iNSANE'

Clothing / Temperature

Hi guys,

first off I'm sorry if my idea was already posted, searched through a couple of threads and couldn't find anything like it.

So we all know Temperature is not a big thing right now and rocket is trying to implement it with a mechanic that makes sense so I have tried to mix that mechanic with my ideas on clothing and I think it would be pretty cool.

1. Clothing

So my idea is that your clothing can get destroyed to a certain degree depending on some things:

- You got hit by Zombies a lot (-> adds scratches and maybe a bit of blood to your clothing)

- You got shot (-> add holes in your clothing + blood around it)

- You are wearing it for a lot of days and you are traveling through forrests a lot (-> little scratches)

- You broke your leg (-> blood/scratches or hole dependent on how you broke it)

2. Temperature

There are different levels of destruction depending on how often you got shot or hit by zombies. Dependent on those levels your temperature should be affected, especially at night when it's raining it would not be a good idea to run around with an almost destroyed suit. You could use a heatpack or find new clothing. Maybe you can fix the holes in your clothing with bandages to some degree (would only be a temporary fix)

3.Adaptation

How would this affect the gameplay ? There would have to be a higher drop rate for civilian clothing and maybe an option to take clothing from dead survivors. The Ghillie Suit and Camo Clothing should be able to take more damage before it has negative affects.

Maybe also add a slot in the inventory (if possible) where you can only put clothing.

Hope you like the idea and maybe you can add something to it :)