Sign in to follow this  
McNameeMadman

Will my computer be able to handle DayZ?

I am thinking of buying a new computer to play this game. But I have seen alot of people on YouTube saying their computer cant run DayZ and they have wasted their money. I dont want to waste any money so if you could tell me if the computer I am thinking of buying would run DayZ on decent settings it would be of great help. :D

The Computer >>>>> http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HP-DUAL-XEON-7-2Ghz-Tower-Gaming-PC-8GB-RAM-1TB-SATA-Desktop-Computer-Core-Duo-/110872076878?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item19d07da24e#ht_5082wt_1056

The computer is a "workstation", basically like a server. The graphics card in it is bad. They say it's a "gaming graphics card", but it's junk.

Im not too sure tbh. I think it will run arma 2 but you probably wont get the best results. Hopefully someone more technical here can tell you more.

In the long run you could end up spending more as well if you want to upgrade in future. For example the memory says its DDR2 which isnt as good/fast as DDR3. I would see if the motherboard can handle DDR3 as you may want to upgrade this in future.

To me it already looks a bit dated before you've even bought it so saving up/spending a bit more now may save you money in the long run. I'd also consider building your own. Its a bit daunting but i did my 1st build & it worked out a bit cheaper for me but i had a few bits to start with.

Something else to consider is that Arma 3 is on the horizon so im sure that will probably require even more juice to run when it drops.

It's a lemon... stay away.

They are advertising it as a 7.2ghz computer because it's dual core... wouldn't trust them with anything.

The stickied card is a pos too...

Save 400€ or ₤ or whatever you use and buy a computer you can upgrade .. if you assemble it yourself you can get an i5 easily...

It's better to save up a little more and wait a few weeks then buy something that you'll regret for years (or until you can buy a new one).

DDR2 ECC RAM < You want DDR2? You want DDR3 it's not important just saying.

XFX ATI HD5450 < Graphics card is really low end cheap, about 25£

There selling it with windows XP to.

Do not buy that for 250£ they built it for around 80-120£ max and it won't be able to play DayZ that smooth.

Without reading what others have said, I do not recommend getting the linked PC. The CPU and graphics card are both very out of date and would not run the game well, you might manage low settings but I have some serious doubts. The fact that the listing says "7.2 GHz" is more than enough of a reason to not use this seller.