the_wamburger

[EXPLOIT] Duping player gear

Hi guys,

I've witnessed this last night (so 1.57), players on my server found a way to duplicate a player's gear.

Date/Time:

About 9pm GMT, March 15th.

What happened:

Found a way to duplicate a player's inventory.

Where you were:

N/A

What you were doing:

N/A

Additional information

I don't have the exact repro steps as I wasn't reproducing it myself or part of the people who found it and tried to repro it, but I'm pretty sure it's easy to repro with the information I have.

The game being in a persistent setting, I do not wish to make this information public, for obvious reasons, this is why I won't explain here how to redo it, lest we see hundreds of players' game experience ruined by a few abusers duplicating endgame gear.

As I figure the dev team is probably not all focusing on bugs or collecting them, I'm opening this thread so that I can hopefully receive a PM from the relevant member of the Dev team in charge, and thus avoid cluttering the wrong persons' inbox.

Thanks for reading.

Bumping so that devs can see (i was with the_wamburger and know the circumstances of the exploit too).

How does it work exactly?

Im not part of the dev team but could find a fix it codewise and send it to the devs.

Hah... Hah... Is Hugge srs? I know nothing about it, but nor do I want too. And I think Hugge should feel the same. The Dev's will get too it.

I managed to duplicate a clone of my character.

When i passed out, i logged out after waiting since i needed to be somewhere.

Anyways i came back and logged in and i got stuck in a long hourglass scene. This happened multiple times on logging in and if you manage to get to the menu before the hourglass shows up and press respawn. You'll sound like you are dying but you'll still be in the hourglass. If you wait out the hourglass, i'm not sure if you either die or live, but there would be an extra body on the floor with the same loot as you i think.

We once experienced item duplication too, by an accident. I was playing on some EU server with my friend, trying to find gear in Berezino until the server crashed. We decided to log on to some random US server because all the EU servers were full. I got in really fast, but my friend got stuck into the loading screen. He was shot in the debugging zone and his body was right where we were when the other server crashed. I moved all his items to a tent so he could get them back after he respawned and ran back, but when he relogged, he spawned at the same location with the same stuff he previously had.

So now we had all the items on my friends character and in the tent I just had set up.

I don't know if this is possible but...

Is there a way that items could have ID's like for example, one guy has Item 7832, he dupes it and it's another Item 7832. So the script could check if the item has the same number and deletes ALL the items with the same ID. (To punish the dupers)

Like... It spawns an AK-74 with (For example) an ID of 3589 and it spawns another AK-74 at another location with an ID of 3582 etc.

I dunno why but it seems the server isnt sync with players update, with my clan we had replication bug twice, 1 time with a server reboot and one time, i respawned twice and died twice, and when i went back, i found two of my corpses

From what I can tell, duped items are the ones that disappear during skin change/inventory updates.

Ive often wondered why some of my gear would disappear after an event, and some wouldnt. The case is usually items I did not find from a loot spawn location would disappear.

So dont rely too heavily on items you find from other players.

As for the duping itself, sometimes it cant be avoided. Ive both lost and duped very important gear, mostly through the different timings of the tent inventory/player save near a server crash/restart.

From what I can tell' date=' duped items are the ones that disappear during skin change/inventory updates.

Ive often wondered why some of my gear would disappear after an event, and some wouldnt. The case is usually items I did not find from a loot spawn location would disappear.

So dont rely too heavily on items you find from other players.

As for the duping itself, sometimes it cant be avoided. Ive both lost and duped very important gear, mostly through the different timings of the tent inventory/player save near a server crash/restart.

[/quote']

The glitch, as mentioned before by another user, has to do with vehicles and not server crashes.

From what I gathered it's working with a consistency of 4/5.

I would rather not go on about it here because I've already seen it used too often and it seriously kills my fun (hurr hand grenades by the bucket, durr duped M24s everywherrrrre), but if the only way to bring it to attention and to get it fixed is to spread the good news and have everyone dupe the hell out of their best items, well, I'll have to do it.

Griff I'll drop you a PM, if you could acknowledge and pass it along to the relevant people that would be most helpful.