CosmicOsmo

Mother****ing BEARS.

You want a harsh, realistic world? You want threats in the wilderness without having to spawn zombies everywhere and bog down the servers? One bear can do the work of 20 zombies. They're hard to kill, they maim in a single swing, and they can smell the meat in your pack from a kilometer off.

We need bears.

This is great and perhaps some wolves ..and you know they travel in packs! It would be nice to have some non-human risks in the bush.

I kinda like this idea since the forests are a little bit "too" save atm

My god...I have to say this idea would be scary as the zombies themselves...But lets face the facts we can't even get Zombies AI to properly run and function. Imagine a fast, low moving animals like the Wolf zip zagging at you at a 120Kmp/h

My god...I have to say this idea would be scary as the zombies themselves...But lets face the facts we can't even get Zombies AI to properly run and function. Imagine a fast' date=' low moving animals like the Wolf zip zagging at you at a 120Kmp/h

[/quote']

And they are in a pack of 5+

Some species, such as the polar bear, American black bear, sloth bear and the brown bear, are dangerous to humans, especially in areas where they have become used to people. All bears are physically powerful and are likely capable of fatally attacking a person, but they, for the most part, are shy, are easily frightened and will avoid humans. Injuries caused by bears are rare, but are often widely reported. The danger that bears pose is often vastly exaggerated, in part by the human imagination. However, when a mother feels her cubs are threatened, she will behave ferociously. It is recommended to give all bears a wide berth because they are behaviorally unpredictable.

Bears may also come into conflict with humans where they raid crops or attack livestock. These problems may be the work of only a few bears but create a climate of conflict as farmers and ranchers may perceive all losses as due to bears and advocate the preventive removal of all bears.

Mitigation methods may be used to reduce bear damage to crops, and reduce local antipathy towards bears.

Some species' date=' such as the polar bear, American black bear, sloth bear and the brown bear, are dangerous to humans, especially in areas where they have become used to people. All bears are physically powerful and are likely capable of fatally attacking a person, but they, for the most part, are shy, are easily frightened and will avoid humans. Injuries caused by bears are rare, but are often widely reported. The danger that bears pose is often vastly exaggerated, in part by the human imagination. However, when a mother feels her cubs are threatened, she will behave ferociously. It is recommended to give all bears a wide berth because they are behaviorally unpredictable.

Bears may also come into conflict with humans where they raid crops or attack livestock. These problems may be the work of only a few bears but create a climate of conflict as farmers and ranchers may perceive all losses as due to bears and advocate the preventive removal of all bears.

Mitigation methods may be used to reduce bear damage to crops, and reduce local antipathy towards bears.

[/quote']

Or go here for the same info and some extra neat stuff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear :)

Not only could you go hunting for bear meat and stuff but you could also skin them and make a jacket to keep warm when it rains. Also, adding seasons to the game would make for more long term plans and different survival techniques for different seasons

Can't have bears without bear traps..... oh' date='.... and honey.... bears love honey you know.....

[/quote']

well, wasn't there an announcement that 1.7.2 will feature bear traps that kill animals and break infecteds and players legs?

You want a harsh, realistic world? You want threats in the wilderness without having to spawn zombies everywhere and bog down the servers? One bear can do the work of 20 zombies. They're hard to kill, they maim in a single swing, and they can smell the meat in your pack from a kilometer off.

We need bears.

Ridiculous. as someone who lives in an area with some of the highest bear population worldwide, the only bear attack I have ever heard of was on a guy who lived with bears for 13 years and frequently touched/petted them. Bears are neither aggressive nor dangerous.

Ridiculous. as someone who lives in an area with some of the highest bear population worldwide, the only bear attack I have ever heard of was on a guy who lived with bears for 13 years and frequently touched/petted them. Bears are neither aggressive nor dangerous.

I will grant that bear attacks are somewhat rare in real life but that is irrelevant to the suggestion.

Criticize the suggestion as an aspect of gameplay beyond "It isn't realistic".

Also, is DayZ suppose to be a game or a simulation?

Edited by Chssmius

I will grant that bear attacks are somewhat rare in real life but that is irrelevant to the suggestion.

Criticize the suggestion as an aspect of gameplay beyond "It isn't realistic".

Also, is DayZ suppose to be a game or a simulation?

It is a simulation of a zombie attack. Also, a game can be a simulation and vice versa. See Arma II.