so i was headed back south to get some medical supplies and went past the fire station and toughed what the hell i will have a look as opened the door i noticed some one with out a gun i raised my DMR but in the chat i saw "don't shoot i have nothing" so i thought okay i will spare him and told him to move along as i stated my clam to the look their

so as i slowly walk up the stairs i deiced to look around to check he had left only to find the cheeky bugger reloading my MP5SD that i keep for close quarters so i quickly shoot him in the face, i checked my bag to make sure it was mine and it was

i was thinking it would be a good idea to add a simple permission system into allowing people to open your bag and to stop people from just looking in and stealing things

.... just a suggestion what do people think?

No this adds an amazing element of trust and stealth to the game. If you can get away with stealing items, you deserve them.

This is unrealistic and also prevents funny stuff from happening like my friend laying on the floor and some noob coming up behind him, taking an ak out of his bag and shooting him lol.

I do think that when someone is accessing your bag there should be a sound played.

What about putting a live frag grenade into the backpack and legging it

Fallout anyone?

That's a poorly written and poorly thought out proposition, sir. This is a realism simulator, not a crying simulator.

lol u got pickpocketed fallout: new vegas style cause i once stole a guys sniper and killed him with it lol

why add a permission system it's like we live in a polite society where we ask before we steal it makes no sense to give permission its the dayz way to kill,murder,steal,PvP,rob,kill,kill,kill and last but not least loot.

There should be a chance of a warning popping up for the owner of the backpack. Especially if either party is moving. But no permission feature.

Kudos to the other guy for thinking on his feet. I'm almost sorry you caught the Bastard. He was brave, that's for sure.

No way should there be a bag permission system. One of things that makes DayZ great is the possibilities afforded by a lack of structure. More structure results in less freedom and makes the game less open ended. I'm opposed to both of those things.

so i was headed back south to get some medical supplies and went past the fire station and toughed what the hell i will have a look as opened the door i noticed some one with out a gun i raised my DMR but in the chat i saw "don't shoot i have nothing" so i thought okay i will spare him and told him to move along as i stated my clam to the look their

so as i slowly walk up the stairs i deiced to look around to check he had left only to find the cheeky bugger reloading my MP5SD that i keep for close quarters so i quickly shoot him in the face' date=' i checked my bag to make sure it was mine and it was

i was thinking it would be a good idea to add a simple permission system into allowing people to open your bag and to stop people from just looking in and stealing things

.... just a suggestion what do people think?

[/quote']

Or you could have just shot him the moment you saw him...:rolleyes:

No this adds an amazing element of trust and stealth to the game. If you can get away with stealing items' date=' you deserve them.

[/quote']

No it doesn't. It's a hole for douchewads to exploit. Definitely does not jive with realism either.

There's already too many reasons to not trust anybody, game needs to go the other way for awhile. I already kill EVERYONE I see.

That's a poorly written and poorly thought out proposition' date=' sir. This is a realism simulator, not a crying simulator.

[/quote']

How the hell is someone OPENING and MANIPULATING your backpack without you even KNOWING considered as Realism?

In real life, you would have to be completely deaf, stupid or paralyzed in upper body not to realize there is a guy pulling a big ass gun out of your pack. Someone stealing your beans sounds much more plausible than... let's say: a DMR.

Not to mention the thief doesn't even have to be in the back, the "Open backpack" comes up when he's directly facing you as well.

Jesus, the stupidity of some people just amazes me.

This is unrealistic and also prevents funny stuff from happening like my friend laying on the floor and some noob coming up behind him, taking an ak out of his bag and shooting him lol.

You know what's also unrealistic? People taking an AK out of someone elses' full backpack without the other person noticing it. Just sayin'...

+1

You know what's also unrealistic? People taking an AK out of someone elses' full backpack without the other person noticing it. Just sayin'...

Ya because realistically, in the zombie apocalpyse when you see someone you're not going to notice that they're stealing your stuff... There should be something showing that people are taking your stuff or a permission system. Or some type of sound when a guy enters your bag. Because realistically you're going to notice someone going into your bag....

Yup needs a sound or notification

Once again ace does already supply this function

Another good reason merge with ace

+1

Ya because realistically' date=' in the zombie apocalpyse when you see someone you're not going to notice that they're stealing your stuff... There should be something showing that people are taking your stuff or a permission system. Or some type of sound when a guy enters your bag. Because realistically you're going to notice someone going into your bag....

[/quote']

It works both ways you know?

So when you are creeping on the stairs of an apartment, you won't notice a guy shuffling through your belongings and pulling out a large, long object? I'd hate to have your ears, bro.

Also to be clear, this never happened to me and IMHO, idea of some "Bag permission" sounds stupid but it's baffling how can you people consider the stuff mentioned above 'realistic'

Yea like other folks have suggested, you should hear some sound when somebody is rummaging through your backpack.

@ OP

You really thought pick pockets wouldn't exist in a zombie apocalypse? You sir, have been living in a land of butterflys and gum drops for far to long.

I forgot that everyone has the skills to pick pocket people without making any noise. Who ever said that you cant hear anything, we were being sarcastic so you're stupid. Obviously you should hear something if a guy takes an AK out of your bag lol.

No permission feature, however a little *zip* sound would be good, I mean most people would notice someone going through their bag :P

Permissions on bags? No. But loot spawned lock and key that can be used on bags? Could be interesting. The key could take one slot of personal inventory and using it could take X time to unlock. Could be both an advantage and a disadvantage. Advantage would be a more secure bag from everyone. Disadvantage would be the time needed to unlock a bag could be critical if you need to get into your own bag in a hurry.

The sound effect idea is pretty good too.