Sign in to follow this  
Jordi Altimira

New basic clothing patches to help avoid friendly fire

IDEA: When cutting a raincoat that the rags are the color of the cut clothes. These colored rags will be sewn to clothing and vests (using the leather and sewing kit) leaving the option of choosing simple shapes, such as a cross or a rectangle, to sew to the clothing. Leaving the option to sew it in different places: back, front, legs and arms.
Thus achieving clothing with signs of a color and shape that would allow the teams to identify themselves more easily and avoid friendly fire. Since the bracelet cannot be seen from too many angles and it is easy to find enemies with your own bracelet.

In an environment of war, both today and in ancient times, it has always been common to add elements to clothing to identify oneself more easily. I think it would be an easy change to implement and of great interest to players.

17 hours ago, Jordi Altimira said:

IDEA: When cutting a raincoat that the rags are the color of the cut clothes. These colored rags will be sewn to clothing and vests (using the leather and sewing kit) leaving the option of choosing simple shapes, such as a cross or a rectangle, to sew to the clothing. Leaving the option to sew it in different places: back, front, legs and arms.
Thus achieving clothing with signs of a color and shape that would allow the teams to identify themselves more easily and avoid friendly fire. Since the bracelet cannot be seen from too many angles and it is easy to find enemies with your own bracelet.

In an environment of war, both today and in ancient times, it has always been common to add elements to clothing to identify oneself more easily. I think it would be an easy change to implement and of great interest to players.

Hear me out:

Colored Ductape, that you can "attach" to various clothingpieces.  

For example a yellow circle of ductape around your helmet, waist, and a stripe on your backpack.

it might be implemented to give the pens a little more meaning. You could for example color the ductape with the pens.

Edited by LennyS-cbe65eb8a29b70ab

Armband are not enough for you? I know people can use other faction armband but lol... that the fun of the game!

Ok I get friendly fire often and they saw my armband after I die lol. It is a good idea 😛

• Like 1

From a development and practicality perspective, I think the arm-bands are the most practical way of implementing a visual system to track friendlies, and the granular level of customization and detail needed for what OP is suggesting I don’t think is feasible.

I myself, one-time accidentally killed a friendly survivor—but the reason that happened was due to lack of communication in that situation when I called out the target, and there was no response by my friendly until he reacted to his death. If he would have had situational awareness and responded to my visual description of my target, and say hey 👋 that’s me, don’t shoot. It would have been avoided.

So, the BEST way to avoid friendly-fire is simply: communication.

In the US Army, we say: Shoot, Move and Communicate.

I like the colored duct tape idea. It’s currently in use IRL in the Ukraine/Russia war. They’re marking helmets, vests, arms (usually both) and weapons to help cut down on fratricidal accidents. When you have two armies using nearly the same uniforms and weapons that speak similar languages, duct tape helps.