Qwody

Whats the diffirence between types.xml and events.xml

It may sound like a silly question, but please wait. I'm trying to understand this; for example we have bmw car mod. The creator of the mod made a folder called "info" and created files for both types and events. Now let's get to the part I don't understand. Here is the sample code for the red car.

Thats types.xml 

<type name="CrSk_BMW_525i_E34_Red">
		<nominal>0</nominal>
		<lifetime>3888000</lifetime>
		<restock>0</restock>
		<min>0</min>
		<quantmin>-1</quantmin>
		<quantmax>-1</quantmax>
		<cost>100</cost>
		<flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
	</type>

Thats events.xml

<event name="VehicleCrSk_BMW_525i_E34_Red">
		<waves>0</waves>
		<nominal>30</nominal>
		<min>6</min>
		<max>12</max>
		<lifetime>64800</lifetime>
		<restock>0</restock>
		<saferadius>1000</saferadius>
		<distanceradius>500</distanceradius>
		<cleanupradius>200</cleanupradius>
		<flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>
		<position>fixed</position>
		<limit>mixed</limit>
		<active>1</active>
		<children>
			<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="12" min="6" type="CrSk_BMW_525i_E34_Red"/>
		</children>
	</event>

As you can see, both codes have values such as nominal, min, max. As far as I know, the nominal value indicates how many x can be found on the map, and min indicates at least how many. How should I change for "types" or "events"? For example, I want the red car to spawn at most 3 and at least 1 on the map.

HI.
For "types.xml" leave it as it is, only the "lifetime" counts, that's fine.
For the "events.xml" it is more complex. Do you only have the red car or do you have more color variants?
If you have only one type, you can put "nominal" & "max" = 3 & "min" = 1.
If you have multiple color variations, the discussion is more complex.
But you forgot about the "cfgspawnabletypes.xml" file that determines what accessories the vehicle will have at its birth.
And also remember "cfgeventspawns.xml" where you have to put the coordinates where you want these vehicles to spawn.
I think you should find some guidance on this on YouTube as well, In any case you can take for example the Vanilla game files for a vehicle and "fit" it for your own mods. The way it works is always the same.

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2023 at 7:08 PM, Riddick_2K said:

HI.
For "types.xml" leave it as it is, only the "lifetime" counts, that's fine.
For the "events.xml" it is more complex. Do you only have the red car or do you have more color variants?
If you have only one type, you can put "nominal" & "max" = 3 & "min" = 1.
If you have multiple color variations, the discussion is more complex.
But you forgot about the "cfgspawnabletypes.xml" file that determines what accessories the vehicle will have at its birth.
And also remember "cfgeventspawns.xml" where you have to put the coordinates where you want these vehicles to spawn.
I think you should find some guidance on this on YouTube as well, In any case you can take for example the Vanilla game files for a vehicle and "fit" it for your own mods. The way it works is always the same.

Thanks. Well for this example; I need to use events.xml for car spawning. types.xml just configure for the cars spawn lifetime in map. Am I right? Well, if I had to change the question like this; Let's set the "nominal" "max" "min" values in the types and events file of the BMW car to 1. Suppose we are using "TraderMod". If a player spawns a car with this mod, will other players' cars or cars spawn randomly on the map disappear?

HI.
I'm sorry but I have never inserted and configured a trader in any of my servers. I've only found them on other people's servers. In my opinion, the trader goes against the true philosophy of DayZ (looking for resources to survive on the map) and takes half the game off you.
For this, on what I write below, take it as my "guess" but I've never had the opportunity to verify if it's the right reasoning or not.
However, if I understood correctly, the trader should follow a "procedure" similar to that of the events, even if I have read several times to insert the "Lifetime = 3888000" in "types.xml" anyway (with events it would not necessary).
Maybe it also depends on which trader mod you use (it has setup instructions, I hope).
In any case, if you have a vehicle on the map spawned with events (well configured) it remains forever, until it gets ruined and disappears. If you generate with a tool a second vehicle, this will have the life set by the "Lifetime = X" of the "types.xml". Both will coexist on the map, each with its own time and its "life events".
"Events" will still manage the vehicle spawned by them. The "lifetime" of the "types.xml" will continue to manage the vehicle you managed with an administration tool
If you set the events to zero (0) and restart the server, you will see that only the spawned vehicles from the events will disappear. The ones you generated with the administration tool remain (and vice versa of course).
As for the trader, I'm sorry but I don't know. You should look in its config file what it expects. Surely the vehicles generated by the events of the game have a story of their own and those you generate with the tool too.
More than that I don't know what to say, you can wait for some more suggestions or try it yourself.
Did you know that you are NOT obliged to rent a server from a third party, but you can download yourself a fully functional and "modifiable" local DayZ server (even much better than the rented ones) right from Steam?
In this address: "steamdb . info / app / 223350 / info /" (remove the spaces).
Use it to do your own testing and test changes before rolling them out to the "public" server.
You could make this public too just by opening the right ports on your router but it doesn't always, and not at all, work... it's always DayZ... 😕

P.S.
In retrospect, I think trader mods follow the fate of vehicles generated by Admin Tools. I think you have to set the "lifetime = 3888000" and there is no limit on vehicle generation, except server performance. But someone who has direct experience in this field, which I don't have, would have to try or hear about this.
What I'm sure, from personal experience, is that the number of stationary vehicles (parked on the map. NOT inside the garages, which are NOT physically on the map) doesn't count for anything on the server's FPS, it doesn't increase the server's CPU calculation . Only moving does compute, especially when full of stuff in an area full of loot... A design flaw, surely.

Edited by Riddick_2K
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

HI.
I'm sorry but I have never inserted and configured a trader in any of my servers. I've only found them on other people's servers. In my opinion, the trader goes against the true philosophy of DayZ (looking for resources to survive on the map) and takes half the game off you.
For this, on what I write below, take it as my "guess" but I've never had the opportunity to verify if it's the right reasoning or not.
However, if I understood correctly, the trader should follow a "procedure" similar to that of the events, even if I have read several times to insert the "Lifetime = 3888000" in "types.xml" anyway (with events it would not necessary).
Maybe it also depends on which trader mod you use (it has setup instructions, I hope).
In any case, if you have a vehicle on the map spawned with events (well configured) it remains forever, until it gets ruined and disappears. If you generate with a tool a second vehicle, this will have the life set by the "Lifetime = X" of the "types.xml". Both will coexist on the map, each with its own time and its "life events".
"Events" will still manage the vehicle spawned by them. The "lifetime" of the "types.xml" will continue to manage the vehicle you managed with an administration tool
If you set the events to zero (0) and restart the server, you will see that only the spawned vehicles from the events will disappear. The ones you generated with the administration tool remain (and vice versa of course).
As for the trader, I'm sorry but I don't know. You should look in its config file what it expects. Surely the vehicles generated by the events of the game have a story of their own and those you generate with the tool too.
More than that I don't know what to say, you can wait for some more suggestions or try it yourself.
Did you know that you are NOT obliged to rent a server from a third party, but you can download yourself a fully functional and "modifiable" local DayZ server (even much better than the rented ones) right from Steam?
In this address: "steamdb . info / app / 223350 / info /" (remove the spaces).
Use it to do your own testing and test changes before rolling them out to the "public" server.
You could make this public too just by opening the right ports on your router but it doesn't always, and not at all, work... it's always DayZ... 😕

P.S.
In retrospect, I think trader mods follow the fate of vehicles generated by Admin Tools. I think you have to set the "lifetime = 3888000" and there is no limit on vehicle generation, except server performance. But someone who has direct experience in this field, which I don't have, would have to try or hear about this.
What I'm sure, from personal experience, is that the number of stationary vehicles (parked on the map. NOT inside the garages, which are NOT physically on the map) doesn't count for anything on the server's FPS, it doesn't increase the server's CPU calculation . Only moving does compute, especially when full of stuff in an area full of loot... A design flaw, surely.

I really appreciate your interest. First of all yes I set up a local dayz server. But I could never set it to public. I did research on sites such as youtube, reddit, dayzforums, but I failed in the port opening and forwarding part of my router's interface. I found a discount code at a hosting company and used it. Anyway, now I have a server. I put a password until I complete the settings. I'm trying to make final settings.

I know the trader is blocking the survival part of Dayz so I configure prices and items to buy differently from other servers. But at this stage, the Trader part is really challenging for me. As I am alone, I cannot calculate the permanence of the items purchased from the trader or whether there is a missing item. If an item is lost 3-5 days after purchase, it can be disastrous for me. I spend too much time in the types file to avoid this.

I'm also considering limiting the vehicles that can be owned to improve server performance (solo players have 1, clans 2 cars etc.)

anyway, thank you so much for everything. I hope I can be successful on my first run. 🙂

• Beans 1

I'm sorry but I didn't quite understand everything you wrote, I have to use Google and the translations are inaccurate.
I believe that the majority of server owners use the local one for testing and to verify that everything works, then transfer all the ready and working files to the "public" server (unfortunately often rented).
Try selecting the FPS log of your personal server every 2 or 3 minutes and try to increase the number of vehicles in spawn and check each time how much the server FPS drops x number of vehicles. It's an interesting test, you'll see how little the stationary vehicles affect the map 😉
Adding and removing certain Mods and seeing how much the server FPS number changes is also interesting. Don't be convinced by "internet legends" about servers and mods... try it for yourself 😉
Glad to have been of help, sorry I can't do more, but I've never used traders.
I'm amazed that no one has responded, yet, so many use traders.
In any case, best wishes for your server and if you still need something, I'm happy to help if I can. Do you also use a Discord ?
A good source of information and help can be found on the Discords of the various Mods, especially the more "famous" ones.