benw

Prevent server hopper : Random location after connected

Just make everyone teleport to random location of the map.

pros : they can't kill you by sneaking behind you.

cons: complaints gonna happen if they are connected and found themselves in the middle of the sea.

Log on a new server make you spawn at the shore, with starting equipement. Stats - Zombies killed, days survived remainds.

Log on the same server than you leave make you spawn at the logout location.

Log on a new server make you spawn at the shore' date=' with starting equipement. Stats - Zombies killed, days survived remainds.

[/quote']

what i mean is removing the last save point, and teleport to random location, if you wanted to teleport to the shore in one of the N random places and find someone to kill, then i believe it will cost you too much time

Sounds like fun, esspecially when you try to play with friends ... i allways like the "lets meet in novy in 2 hours" stuff ...why not after every disconnect ...

there should be a time set,

I'm not all for this idea but i'll help improve it ;)

You log off a server, you must wait 5-10 min to long on with out being spawned at a random spawn point.

and it has to be random threw out the map, or else people will just use it as a teleporter to get from point A to the southern coast

There are much better suggestions out there to deal with server hopping.

Sorry, but I don't ever see this being a feasible fix.

This is an interesting idea, but would probably piss off a lot of people unless refined. I like the above suggestion of only doing it to people who abuse the system, such as relogging twice in one minute... although, you'd have to warn people about this, because there are legit reasons for doing this -- such as accidentally joining the wrong server, and immediately switching to your intended server.

I've been thinking that the DayZ back-story should try to explain the "sharded" servers, server-bound items, DC'ers and server hoppers (as well as mitigating those exploits with things like spawn/despawn timers, etc...) by stealing the idea from Sliders -- each server is Chernarus in a parallel universe, and we've all got a high-tech wrist-watch that lets us teleport to different parallel universes at will (by pressing abort). Popping up in a different place in that new universe would work too, and make you really think twice about using your teleporter to get away from a bad situation -- maybe your new situation will be more dangerous.

Although -- this can be exploited by simply DC'ing and reconnecting over and over until you get a "good" spawn...

So if I am disconnected from server lag or any other reason, I then have to spawn in a random location away from my friends I was working with?

I would have to say this is a bad idea.

So if I am disconnected from server lag or any other reason' date=' I then have to spawn in a random location away from my friends I was working with?

I would have to say this is a bad idea.[/quote']

Only if you change server, if you relog on the same server you will log at your last position.

I think one issue trying to be addressed is kills via hopping.

This could be fixed by spawning 500m away from closest player detected.

Kinda like how most fps multi games work where spawn changes.

If no player is detected within 500m, you spawn where u logged.

As for server hopping for loot,

you will always spawn 10m outside a building you logged out from.

This stops barbed wire tank trap spamming for server hoppers.

No one should be logging out inside a zombie zone.

I'd always logged in quiet spot away from zeds.

If you have a prob with that then you must be a server hopper.

Or better yet, if your detected to server hop more than twice in 2-5mins you spawn 500m outside a built up area like a village or town.

Oh that would INCREASE server hopping by removing travelling times because you can teleport... there are really much better ideas.

Oh that would INCREASE server hopping by removing travelling times because you can teleport... there are really much better ideas.

How if its in any random direction?

You would not be able to server hop and fast travel 500m each time in one direction. You could wind up 500m in any direction from another player or on the outskirts of a town.

The only thing I could see being an exploit is it being a fast way out of danger.

But you cant kill anyone and you cant server hop for loot like people are right now.

My solution for combat server hopping/dcing :

Log off while bleeding/being unconscious/having a broken leg : character is killed.

Added to this :

Log on a new server make you spawn at the shore, with starting equipement. Stats - Zombies killed, days survived remainds.

Does skydiving (parachuting?) exist in ArmaII? Everytime you log, you'll have to skydive from your last position.

Would it solve the problem of server hoppers or people logging in and popping up even though your mates have secured the area? This sounds silly I know... It's just a suggestion.

This whole thread is fail.

If you want to fix the ghosting issue and the issue with people logging off or Alt+F4 to avoid conflict or death, you need to fix the logging problem.

First off...when somebody logs off, disconnects, times out or whatever...there should be an amount of time in which the character stays in the server. Lets say 1 minute for the sake of argument, although I am all for longer...2-3 minutes. This will deter people from logging or alt+f4 just to get away as their character will still be in game and will likely die. You can argue with me on this all you want...if you do...I will know that you like to cheat and exploit.

Secondly...create a relog timer as well. 5 minutes before you can log back onto ANY server after disconnecting from one that you have been playing on for 5 minutes or longer already. This will prevent server hopping. I say "playing on for 5 minutes or more" because there are issues with connecting with servers and if people have to wait for 5 minutes between each attempt at connecting to a new server after getting kicked...well...most people won't play. If people cant take a 5 minute break between logging onto a new server then they need to stop server hopping. If you want to complain about having to wait 5 minutes after a server crash or whatever...get a life.

i`ve thought about something like that...

currently info about your location and stuff is stored in the hive.

why not store your location to the server?

basically:

logged from server 1 on the NWAF. you logged to server 2 and you spawn on the shore at one of the spawn point for new characters. if you log back to server 1 you spawn at NWAF.

Just make everyone teleport to random location of the map.

pros : they can't kill you by sneaking behind you.

cons: complaints gonna happen if they are connected and found themselves in the middle of the sea.

Not the brightest of idea's sorry mate. Whats the point of moving far north if ur gonna be somewhere random when you spawn in. Not up for finding my clan again every time i play so this is a hugeeee -1 from me.