Piripon

Will Dayz run on Macbook Retina Disp.?

I was wondering if Dayz would run on my macbook pro retina display, of course after installing bootcamp. Thanks guys

The specifications of your display won't help us determine if you can do that. What MBP model is it aside from it having a Retina display...?

If it runs it will look fantastic, because Retina is so much more than a marketing term.

In all seriousness Try using bootcamp, load up Windows 7 and see how the game runs, some people actually get more than 30 FPS.

Yeah, I'll wait until some company other than apple has a display like this....

It's the new macbook pro retina display 15 inch i don't know much else. To give u an idea on how it runs, it can play diablo 3 on the highest settings pretty smoothly. So can it play this?

Yeah it will run it. Its pretty high specs for a paperweight, just kidding, laptop... But I can't give you any specifics. Install it and run it and see how it goes. The game is very CPU dependant (correct me if I'm wrong). And I don't know much about mobile-cpus.

Games don't run on your monitor, they run on the computer plugged into the monitor.

RL isn't CSI ;P

I would of course use BootCamp and I would run windows XP. Here are my Specs:

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ( think that's the RAM, i be a noob)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650m both built in.

Why do people still try to game on Macs? Just get a PC to game on and a Mac to act cool in Starbucks k thx.

• Like 5

Seeing as how you can pretty much just throw money in the fire by buying a mac why not just get a pc to play Arma II?

Sorry that was kinda mean, the apple hate came out!

• Like 2

I play on the 10.6 MacBook Pro 2010 build and it runs just fine on high with a little tweaking. I would use a fan control however. For having a computer not built for gaming I've had no trouble playing what I want, I am an mmo gamer though. And to people who dislike Macs the only defense I really have is preferring their music programs and interface ease that makes running a few connected easy. Also raising my mouses acceleration coefficient for SC2 was easy lol.

I don't know why you guys are posting these ignorant comments... Macs run perfect on it.

Anyways I don't know what the highest resolution is for the Dayz but I have a mid 2011 MacBook pro and the specs are

AMD 6770 with 1gb

1440x900

16 gb ram

I7 2.4 ghz quad core

____

It gets 300fps on high and sometimes 250 depending where you are. And on the highest visibility.

I don't know about retina but the nvidia 650 should be pretty powerful and don't put the resolution all the way up...

I don't know why you guys are posting these ignorant comments... Macs run perfect on it.

Anyways I don't know what the highest resolution is for the Dayz but I have a mid 2011 MacBook pro and the specs are

AMD 6770 with 1gb

1440x900

16 gb ram

I7 2.4 ghz quad core

____

It gets 300fps on high and sometimes 250 depending where you are. And on the highest visibility.

I don't know about retina but the nvidia 650 should be pretty powerful and don't put the resolution all the way up...

And how much did that cost? I bet u could get a gaming pc with the same specs for half thay price of a mac.

And how much did that cost? I bet u could get a gaming pc with the same specs for half thay price of a mac.

It cost about $2,200 from what I've heard, with the specs of a $1400-1500 gaming laptop. I'm resisting the Apple hate by saying the only good thing about it is the display. The rest is garbage.

The point is yes, you should be able to play. But you don't buy macs to play games on, you buy macs because they're macs. By that logic you wasted just under a grand for an apple sticker on the lid.

300 fps? The hell? i have a Better PC and I get only 70-90 ;(

EDIT: my PC cost only 500$ a year ago.

i5 2500k OC'ed to 4.5ghz

Radeon HD6870

8gb ram

2 TB Harddrive.

Edited by bohdan77

That would make your machine an order of magnitude more powerful than a middling pc* which will get around 25-30 fps and nearly 5 times more powerfull than a gaming pc which get about 70 reliably. . I hate to cast doubt, but I must admit i'm doubtful

* correction: Windows PC

Edited by magrathea

this has quickly turned into a Mac bash thread.

Personally for th emoney you pay for a mac, you'd be better of buying a gaming laptop with water cooling and a gt660 graphics card (you can buy em for as little as £1200, which is still cheaper than a mac (of equal power that is)

Why do people always feel the need to mention that you can buy a gaming laptop for cheaper than a MBP in these threads?

Sure, you could buy a gigantic gaming laptop for £1500 that'd be 'better' graphically, but not really by much.

In answer to the OP's question, yes you can run it (in bootcamp).

And you have 1GB of video ram, not 512.

AMD 6770 with 1gb

1440x900

16 gb ram

I7 2.4 ghz quad core

____

300fps?

2aj9geb.jpg

Lol k.