Sign in to follow this  
JMB123

A new binding to turn body to face freelook direction

When freelook is enabled, it would be nice to have a way to turn the body towards the direction you are looking, rather than it forcing you to return your view to the original direction it was facing when enabled. 

To illustrate why this would be helpful, an example is if were to be running forward and looking over my shoulder, if I saw a player there I'd like to be able to keep my sight on them while I turn to face that direction.  This is what I would do in real life, rather than looking away and then turning back, hoping I didn't lose sight of the target.

The new binding would basically set a player forward direction for freelook to return to when released, and it will also turn the body to match that new direction.  This way you will still have freelook enabled until you release it, but you can set a new freelook-return direction as many times as you like, each time updating the player's forward direction..   When releasing freelook, it will still snap back, but to the last freelook-return direction that was set.

I really think this would be a good change for DayZ.   Thanks for your consideration!

Edited by JMB123
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

Never thought about it but this is a great idea. Would be handy to have it. Possibly something as simple as left clicking while in freelook?

On 10/28/2022 at 3:14 AM, DefectiveWater said:

Never thought about it but this is a great idea. Would be handy to have it. Possibly something as simple as left clicking while in freelook?

Yes it seems like the lmb would be a good option but then what if you held lmb while holding a zucchini?   Would you eat the zucchini or steer?

Edited by JMB123

3 hours ago, JMB123 said:

Yes it seems like the lmb would be a good option but then what if you held lmb while holding a zucchini?   Would you eat the zucchini or steer?

Fair point, didn't think of that.