Sign in to follow this  
sidekick7569

Error 0x00010001 (server unreachable)

This is actually very strange. Across the internet there is a lot people who is experiencing this issue, yet I found it very difficult to find any really consistent answer. So far i was dealing with this several times, I recon it happened after larger updates. Unfortunatelly I was not yet able to figure out, what is root cause for this, hence findings soulution is very hard and only appearingly working aproach is try-fail. So far, I found following more or less helpfull:

1. flushing local DNS
2. renewing IP address obtained via DHCP
3. moving user/Documents/Dayz dir to game system folder
4. clearing Steam cache (this step is highly questionable and not recommanded for those who do not know what they do exactly)
5. multiple file verification
6. complete reinstal of the game followed by file verification

There are mods in game, which may or may not corelate. Cannot say for sure. When testing, I was using vanila servers with mods deactivated, so it should not be relevant as far as i can tell.
Of course, using of VPN is not an option, most servers will kick you right away.

There are also some notes about firewall settings, but as far as i can tell, it never really helped and I think this is not relevant to issue.

For unsufficiency of information this is only I can suggest in the moment. I have not yet tried to experiment with arma, as the connection proccess should be very similar and it may be better documented. Maybe answers are there.