Deltona

Error 0x00040031

*You were kicked off the game

*login error

*login timed out

*waitauthplayerloginstate

Ok, so I came back into the game after a long time and.... I CANNOT JOIN ANY server, not even my own LAN server...

I've been two weeks fighting with this, and I feel totally lost on this one. Reinstalled a dozen times, deleted files everywhere, drivers updated, router settings, etc etc etc....

For the record, with the exact same computer (hardware and software), I was able to play over 3k hours in the past... so whats going on here??

I found ohter people with this error around the web, and really no fix, no support from the devs, nothing... Time to dump DayZ forever?

• Beans 1

Greetings. Is there any info about this error?

I just bought the game and constantly getting it in every try to join a server ( doesn't matter, what server - any of them)

I've read some info and some players suggested to disable Discord... but i have no one. I tried to disable firewall, to close browsers/ even reinstalling - nothing helps.

Was my purchase just like throwing money to the wind?

any help?

update: i tried even to unsubscribe to all mods before joining any server (and subscribing with "clean" DayZ install when trying to play custom servers) - no help.

so if there will be no help for this error (my research have shown me that this is very common error with NO actual help) - i'll bump this thread every day.

Edited by DarknessStorm

Greetings DarknessStorm,

As today, I havent found a single fix for this....

I can tell you I have read each and every single topic found on the internet about this issue, even translated russian sites, and I have tried so many things.

But nothing has worked.

I'm starting to beleive that this issue is related to BattleEye.

I managed to be able to play, with my own LAN server, after disabling BattleEye in both server and client.

But offline mode gets so boring after some time, so I went back to try online mode.

Suddenly I was able to play again online, both official and community servers with mods, but, I have no clue why it worked....

But as soon as I was having fun again, after one week, seems like the "micro updates" for DayZ made me out of the game again.....

That was like 3 weeks ago. I could play, and suddenly the next day, after a Dayz micro update, I havent been able to play again.

Maybe this is all related to BattleEye not supporting Windows 7 users.

Are you using windows 7?

As a computer tech myself (first computer at 1984), I can tell you that all this about "forcing users to upgrade" is a cancer for the world we live in, where all what it matters is how to "suck" more money out of the people. I can run the game at max with my PC, and being forced for the "upgraded" windows versions is something I wont do, not because of money, but because of my moral ideals, apart from newer windows versions being... so full of unnecessary crap.

So I guess we are stuck on this matter.

• Beans 1

Hello.
Sorry to hear your problems, it reminds me of what I went through with ArmA3 (and I haven't solved it yet, but abandoned... at the moment).
What I can assure is that I too have been a PC user since 1991 with DOS 3.3 and I hate forced updates.
For me, the best S.O. of M$ was W2K. WXP was not bad ... but other than that, every time I updated it was just out of necessity ... but I don't want to do a novel about it.
At the moment I still use "happily" (after all it's not a bad S.O., when you know a little bit) Windows 7 Pro x64, without anti virus and firewall (I abandoned them many years ago, if you know how to fix your PC and how to use it, they are not really essential. I have NEVER caught a virus or trojan that is one). On DayZ it works regularly ... with "usual" defects of DayZ, of course; every now and then it freezes on startup because "DirectX" breaks down and it's a problem to kill the process because it blocks my mouse (but I can do it from the keyboard, I always open "resource manager")... sometime it just doesn't start and I have to try again... 40% of the time I get to the game I have the brightness locked to the minimum and the contrast "shot", I have to do a procedure to unlock the bar and the contrast and get back a "visible" game , and all the defects of the game, of course ... but it works "regularly" (let's say) on W7x64pro. I have NEVER opened any port to the PC (I disabled the firewall immediately as soon as the OS was installed) not even to the router. Only when I start my personal server and I want to let someone in, I open the router ports directed to l gaming PC. Also this with the "usual" defects of DayZ, because it is NOT visible in the Community window, but I have to provide the IP for direct access, otherwise no one can access it ... and this is annoying because dedicated hardware is a lot best of all the suppliers I have tried so far. But if I can't show it to the outside, it's pretty much unmanageable as a "public server".
What I can suggest, which is what I had thought for try to "fix" ArmA3, is to change S.O. and go to W10. But I haven't had time to do it yet and I don't know if, at least in my case, it could be decisive. But when you try everything and you know that, in any case, it works for many others, you only think of an "unfortunate" combination of Hardware, S.O. and drivers. Try changing something of this combination. For Drivers it's easier. S.O. it's much more "annoying" as well as time-consuming ... Hardware is very expensive. For this I would try the easiest and cheapest thing first: change driver version... all. Then, if it didn't work, try another S.O. (I found a W10 license for little money. The problem is that it's a shitty OS for so many reasons, and from what I see it will get worse and worse with "spy drivers / services", forced updates, etc).
But if you want to try using DayZ (like me with ArmA3) maybe this is the last resort.
Best wishes 😉

P.S.

Sorry for my bad english, but I must use Google 🙁

P.S.2

A suggestion, even if "trivial" (if you know how to use PCs you will already know it):
Use a "test" HD and take an image of the partition with the OS, driver and game with some software like "Ghost" (I use a version 11 which is fine). It saves you a ton of time if the test you did doesn't work and you have to go back to the starting situation for another test.
Maybe it can also be a useful suggestion to other "less experienced" PCs

Edited by Riddick_2K

Hi, I found solution for this issue,

I call my router company and they told me someone add DNS to your connection so they say we will delete the DNS and that's work for me, over a year I have this same issue with Arma 3 Battle Royale and now its fix because they deleted the DNS. 

I hope that's work for you!

Waiting for your reply <3.  

But do you know what "DNS" is? It is not possible to "delete" it, you would no longer find anything on the net. You can only change it. Usually everyone changes the default ones provided by the ISP (subject to censorship) to free or Google ones. Do a Google search before posting nonsense.

Very good...it happened to me too!

Well not a day goes by that this game fails to amaze me with a new bug/problem/flaw.
Since yesterday I can't log in anymore because it gives me this problem:
Warning (0x00040031)
You have been kicked out of the game.
Login error:
Login expired.
(WaitAuthPlayerPoginState)
I searched a lot, on the net, and the only thing I found was to disable "Microsoft ISATAP Adapter" & any other "IP6-IP4 interface" (I have try "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface").
I disabled the 2 devices and it worked for me once, then that's it.
I've tried so many times and you manage to connect 1 out of 10/20... and it's difficult because it still doesn't let me access due to PING... when I know for sure (I've done several times the "tracert" and the "ping - t" extended), that I have a good and perfectly stable connection.
And any network "spikes" (IF any)... like ALL other games... SHOULD be IGNORED by the game itself! Or whoever wrote it should change jobs.
And for the record, to all the "Pseudo-Experts" of PCs and networks... I DO NOT use wireless... I have EVERYTHING wired cat.5 !
This game is increasingly buggy and problematic!
These new patches are more about adding damage than removing!

Anyway you put a flea in my ear and I checked the DNS. I don't know how, because with each installation it is one of the things that I change immediately, I did NOT have the Google ones, but the voice was disabled. I hope it's "just" an O.S. bug and not something worse...
Anyway.
Put back as it should have been, i.e. the Google DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) I was able to re-access some servers.
Seems like that's okay at the moment.
If there's any news, I'll post them later.

Greetings guys.

Thanks for your replies.

On 12/4/2022 at 12:44 AM, AL3AZMY5 said:

Hi, I found solution for this issue,

I call my router company and they told me someone add DNS to your connection so they say we will delete the DNS and that's work for me, over a year I have this same issue with Arma 3 Battle Royale and now its fix because they deleted the DNS. 

I hope that's work for you!

Waiting for your reply <3.  

Could you please elaborate on this? I dont think you can delete the "DNS", so I wonder what you/they did there.

11 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Very good...it happened to me too!

Well not a day goes by that this game fails to amaze me with a new bug/problem/flaw.
Since yesterday I can't log in anymore because it gives me this problem:
Warning (0x00040031)
You have been kicked out of the game.
Login error:
Login expired.
(WaitAuthPlayerPoginState)
I searched a lot, on the net, and the only thing I found was to disable "Microsoft ISATAP Adapter" & any other "IP6-IP4 interface" (I have try "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface").
I disabled the 2 devices and it worked for me once, then that's it.
I've tried so many times and you manage to connect 1 out of 10/20... and it's difficult because it still doesn't let me access due to PING... when I know for sure (I've done several times the "tracert" and the "ping - t" extended), that I have a good and perfectly stable connection.
And any network "spikes" (IF any)... like ALL other games... SHOULD be IGNORED by the game itself! Or whoever wrote it should change jobs.
And for the record, to all the "Pseudo-Experts" of PCs and networks... I DO NOT use wireless... I have EVERYTHING wired cat.5 !
This game is increasingly buggy and problematic!
These new patches are more about adding damage than removing!

Well... I have wasted a ton of hours doing all sorts of things around this error, and I haven't found a single proper fix.

I even "hacked" my router to access the hidden features, and then edited all sorts of things, like DNS, firewalls, MTU, DMZ, etc etc...

I been able to join a pair of servers, randomly.... Then played some hours without any problem on them, but the next day... I could not join again, with the same error as always. After hundreds of attempts to join these servers, I haven't been able to play on them again....

As for the Official Servers, on the launcher and in the game server browser, I get pings like 20ms. And when I try to join them, I get kicked for high ping, like 800ms or even more.... I ping'd all the servers and etc.... My internet is totally stable and working perfect.

So, being able to play a pair of hours after hundreds of attempts, and hours at it during days, feels so stupid.

I have no more things to try. I beleive this problem is either Windows 7, Battleye, or just DayZ bug paradise.

I did not tell you that I know what the DNS is. I said that I contacted the router company and they told me this, what I think DNS is and I don't Actually know but from what they saying that you can add DNS or change the original DNS somehow what they say we will delete that DNS address and we will get you back to the original DNS that your internet company give you, just call your company and ask them to check your DNS address or change IP address hope that help you , Summary of the speech here is the problem not your pc its in your router or internet company, hope that help you waiting for replay.